[aerogear-dev] [testing] integration tests

[aerogear-dev] [testing] integration tests

I was wondering if there are already some plans to include integration
testing of the actual client libraries;

One option would be to utilize Maven:
1) start JBoss AS7 and deploy the (server) app to it
2) issue 'integration test' agains that deployed (server) app
3) In case all is good, un-deploy and stop AS7

For the different platforms, we should create separate 'integration
test' projects
 * For JavaScript, we can use JSTestDriver (can be executed via maven)
to execute the tests agains the app
 * For iOS we can use the build Xcode testing framework (can be done
with some maven/scripting fu)
 * Android... sure there is something :-)

Greetings!

Re: [aerogear-dev] [testing] integration tests

Kris Borchers
Since we are using grunt for JS (not Maven), Grunt can be set up, and is set up to lint the code, run QUnit tests via PhantomJS, concat the files and minify on every build so IMO JS is all set.

On Aug 16, 2012, at 11:10 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there are already some plans to include integration
> testing of the actual client libraries;
>
> One option would be to utilize Maven:
> 1) start JBoss AS7 and deploy the (server) app to it
> 2) issue 'integration test' agains that deployed (server) app
> 3) In case all is good, un-deploy and stop AS7
>
> For the different platforms, we should create separate 'integration
> test' projects
> * For JavaScript, we can use JSTestDriver (can be executed via maven)
> to execute the tests agains the app
> * For iOS we can use the build Xcode testing framework (can be done
> with some maven/scripting fu)
> * Android... sure there is something :-)
>
> Greetings!
> Matthias

Re: [aerogear-dev] [testing] integration tests

Glen Daniels
+1 to this idea in general, definitely.

On 8/16/12 12:10 PM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>  * Android... sure there is something :-)

Can either spin up the emulator and use JUnit on the emulated device
(accurate but slow), or potentially use RoboLectric
(http://pivotal.github.com/robolectric/), assuming their network stuff
is sufficiently there.

--Glen

Re: [aerogear-dev] [testing] integration tests

Glen Daniels

Absolutely.  http://robolectric.org if anyone isn't familiar with it.

I keep wondering when/if Google is going to acqui-hire those guys.

--Glen