[aerogear-dev] site SEO - call for arms

Howdy

Thanks to Brett Meyer [1], we discovered a serious SEO flaw on our site, which I started to address at the 'title' branch of the aerogear/aerogear.org repo

Essentially all the pages are missing <title></title> content (d'oh)

As this is a big endeavor, and we don't want to left any page behind, I need more help / pairs of eyes.

I've already did the Road Map pages, and the main pages like Community, the Home, Specifications…. here [2] is an example on how easy is to do it (and easy to overlook too)

Would love some help on this :)

1: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-578
2: https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear.org/commit/104446d27bede53d85e14a202fed83eb4dac2c58
-- qmx

Re: [aerogear-dev] site SEO - call for arms

Matthias Wessendorf
quick question...

how aobut

+title: AeroGear Community (or AeroGear - Community)
+title: AeroGear Documentation (or AeroGear - Documentation)

instead of just "Community" or "Documentation" ?

-M

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:33 AM, Bruno Oliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Count me in.
>

> --
> "The measure of a man is what he does with power" - Plato
> -
> @abstractj
> -
> Volenti Nihil Difficile
>
> On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 1:32 AM, Douglas Campos wrote:
>
> Howdy
>
> Thanks to Brett Meyer [1], we discovered a serious SEO flaw on our site,
> which I started to address at the 'title' branch of the
> aerogear/aerogear.org repo
>
> Essentially all the pages are missing <title></title> content (d'oh)
>
> As this is a big endeavor, and we don't want to left any page behind, I need
> more help / pairs of eyes.
>
> I've already did the Road Map pages, and the main pages like Community, the
> Home, Specifications…. here [2] is an example on how easy is to do it (and
> easy to overlook too)
>
> Would love some help on this :)
>
> 1: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-578
> 2:
> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear.org/commit/104446d27bede53d85e14a202fed83eb4dac2c58
> -- qmx

Re: [aerogear-dev] site SEO - call for arms

danielbevenius
I'm in.

On 31 October 2012 07:15, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> quick question...
>
> how aobut
>
> +title: AeroGear Community (or AeroGear - Community)
> +title: AeroGear Documentation (or AeroGear - Documentation)
>
> instead of just "Community" or "Documentation" ?
>
> -M
>
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:33 AM, Bruno Oliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Count me in.
>>

>> --
>> "The measure of a man is what he does with power" - Plato
>> -
>> @abstractj
>> -
>> Volenti Nihil Difficile
>>
>> On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 1:32 AM, Douglas Campos wrote:
>>
>> Howdy
>>
>> Thanks to Brett Meyer [1], we discovered a serious SEO flaw on our site,
>> which I started to address at the 'title' branch of the
>> aerogear/aerogear.org repo
>>
>> Essentially all the pages are missing <title></title> content (d'oh)
>>
>> As this is a big endeavor, and we don't want to left any page behind, I need
>> more help / pairs of eyes.
>>
>> I've already did the Road Map pages, and the main pages like Community, the
>> Home, Specifications…. here [2] is an example on how easy is to do it (and
>> easy to overlook too)
>>
>> Would love some help on this :)
>>
>> 1: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-578
>> 2:
>> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear.org/commit/104446d27bede53d85e14a202fed83eb4dac2c58
>> -- qmx

Re: [aerogear-dev] site SEO - call for arms

danielbevenius
@qmx
I ran into an issue when building the titles branch. When I ran the
command 'bundle jekyll --server --auto' I got the following error:
Could not find task "jekyll".

I was able to get this working by adding the exec option to the bundle command:
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear.org/pull/6
I read the following from [1]:
"In some cases, running executables without bundle exec may work, if
the executable happens to be installed in your system and does not
pull in any gems that conflict with your bundle.
However, this is unreliable and is the source of considerable pain.
Even if it looks like it works, it may not work in the future or on
another machine."

With this in place I was able to get things working and I can run the
site locally :)

cheers,

/Dan

[1] http://gembundler.com/

On 31 October 2012 07:25, Daniel Bevenius <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm in.
>
> On 31 October 2012 07:15, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> quick question...
>>
>> how aobut
>>
>> +title: AeroGear Community (or AeroGear - Community)
>> +title: AeroGear Documentation (or AeroGear - Documentation)
>>
>> instead of just "Community" or "Documentation" ?
>>
>> -M
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:33 AM, Bruno Oliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Count me in.
>>>

>>> --
>>> "The measure of a man is what he does with power" - Plato
>>> -
>>> @abstractj
>>> -
>>> Volenti Nihil Difficile
>>>
>>> On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 1:32 AM, Douglas Campos wrote:
>>>
>>> Howdy
>>>
>>> Thanks to Brett Meyer [1], we discovered a serious SEO flaw on our site,
>>> which I started to address at the 'title' branch of the
>>> aerogear/aerogear.org repo
>>>
>>> Essentially all the pages are missing <title></title> content (d'oh)
>>>
>>> As this is a big endeavor, and we don't want to left any page behind, I need
>>> more help / pairs of eyes.
>>>
>>> I've already did the Road Map pages, and the main pages like Community, the
>>> Home, Specifications…. here [2] is an example on how easy is to do it (and
>>> easy to overlook too)
>>>
>>> Would love some help on this :)
>>>
>>> 1: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-578
>>> 2:
>>> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear.org/commit/104446d27bede53d85e14a202fed83eb4dac2c58
>>> -- qmx

>> Matthias Wessendorf

Re: [aerogear-dev] site SEO - call for arms

check commit ec60f28 - the template is AeroGear - {{ page.title }} :)

On Oct 31, 2012, at 4:15 AM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

> quick question...
>
> how aobut
>
> +title: AeroGear Community (or AeroGear - Community)
> +title: AeroGear Documentation (or AeroGear - Documentation)
>
> instead of just "Community" or "Documentation" ?
>
> -M
>
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:33 AM, Bruno Oliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Count me in.
>>

>> --
>> "The measure of a man is what he does with power" - Plato
>> -
>> @abstractj
>> -
>> Volenti Nihil Difficile
>>
>> On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 1:32 AM, Douglas Campos wrote:
>>
>> Howdy
>>
>> Thanks to Brett Meyer [1], we discovered a serious SEO flaw on our site,
>> which I started to address at the 'title' branch of the
>> aerogear/aerogear.org repo
>>
>> Essentially all the pages are missing <title></title> content (d'oh)
>>
>> As this is a big endeavor, and we don't want to left any page behind, I need
>> more help / pairs of eyes.
>>
>> I've already did the Road Map pages, and the main pages like Community, the
>> Home, Specifications…. here [2] is an example on how easy is to do it (and
>> easy to overlook too)
>>
>> Would love some help on this :)
>>
>> 1: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-578
>> 2:
>> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear.org/commit/104446d27bede53d85e14a202fed83eb4dac2c58
>> -- qmx

-- qmx

Re: [aerogear-dev] site SEO - call for arms

Matthias Wessendorf
w00t ! :) :) :-)

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Douglas Campos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> check commit ec60f28 - the template is AeroGear - {{ page.title }} :)
>
> On Oct 31, 2012, at 4:15 AM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>
>> quick question...
>>
>> how aobut
>>
>> +title: AeroGear Community (or AeroGear - Community)
>> +title: AeroGear Documentation (or AeroGear - Documentation)
>>
>> instead of just "Community" or "Documentation" ?
>>
>> -M
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:33 AM, Bruno Oliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Count me in.
>>>

>>> --
>>> "The measure of a man is what he does with power" - Plato
>>> -
>>> @abstractj
>>> -
>>> Volenti Nihil Difficile
>>>
>>> On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 1:32 AM, Douglas Campos wrote:
>>>
>>> Howdy
>>>
>>> Thanks to Brett Meyer [1], we discovered a serious SEO flaw on our site,
>>> which I started to address at the 'title' branch of the
>>> aerogear/aerogear.org repo
>>>
>>> Essentially all the pages are missing <title></title> content (d'oh)
>>>
>>> As this is a big endeavor, and we don't want to left any page behind, I need
>>> more help / pairs of eyes.
>>>
>>> I've already did the Road Map pages, and the main pages like Community, the
>>> Home, Specifications…. here [2] is an example on how easy is to do it (and
>>> easy to overlook too)
>>>
>>> Would love some help on this :)
>>>
>>> 1: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-578
>>> 2:
>>> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear.org/commit/104446d27bede53d85e14a202fed83eb4dac2c58
>>> -- qmx

>> Matthias Wessendorf

> -- qmx

Re: [aerogear-dev] site SEO - call for arms

i'll help,   what pages should i take?

On Oct 31, 2012, at 8:06 AM, Douglas Campos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> check commit ec60f28 - the template is AeroGear - {{ page.title }} :)
>
> On Oct 31, 2012, at 4:15 AM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>
>> quick question...
>>
>> how aobut
>>
>> +title: AeroGear Community (or AeroGear - Community)
>> +title: AeroGear Documentation (or AeroGear - Documentation)
>>
>> instead of just "Community" or "Documentation" ?
>>
>> -M
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:33 AM, Bruno Oliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Count me in.
>>>

>>> --
>>> "The measure of a man is what he does with power" - Plato
>>> -
>>> @abstractj
>>> -
>>> Volenti Nihil Difficile
>>>
>>> On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 1:32 AM, Douglas Campos wrote:
>>>
>>> Howdy
>>>
>>> Thanks to Brett Meyer [1], we discovered a serious SEO flaw on our site,
>>> which I started to address at the 'title' branch of the
>>> aerogear/aerogear.org repo
>>>
>>> Essentially all the pages are missing <title></title> content (d'oh)
>>>
>>> As this is a big endeavor, and we don't want to left any page behind, I need
>>> more help / pairs of eyes.
>>>
>>> I've already did the Road Map pages, and the main pages like Community, the
>>> Home, Specifications…. here [2] is an example on how easy is to do it (and
>>> easy to overlook too)
>>>
>>> Would love some help on this :)
>>>
>>> 1: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-578
>>> 2:
>>> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear.org/commit/104446d27bede53d85e14a202fed83eb4dac2c58
>>> -- qmx

>> Matthias Wessendorf

> -- qmx

Re: [aerogear-dev] site SEO - call for arms

Matthias Wessendorf
the missing ? :)