[aerogear-dev] (no subject)

mywork.jatin

I am looking for contributing to AeroGear project, I want to work on the issue AGDROID-568. I’m new so I don’t know how to setup whole project.

Can someone from team help me from basic like how to setup project and test project?

Jatin

Re: [aerogear-dev] (no subject)

Idel Pivnitskiy
Hi Jatin,

Thanks for your interest in the AeroGear project!

For the first look on the project, you can just launch the AeroGear UPS on OpenShift. Follow this guide [1] and just press the button "Launch on OpenShift". You will be able to set up the server really quickly. Go to the admin panel and try to make basic settings for a new app/device. The Docker container is also a good opportunity to run it quickly. It's up to you.

When you will be ready to go deeper, to the source code, try to clone the repository and follow the next guide [2]. It contains a good explanation of the main UPS workflow. You will be able to set up and configure everything that you need to run the UPS (WildFly/database/message queue/etc.). If you will have any specific questions or problems when you will follow this guides, ask them here.

Also try to explore the AeroGear website, it contains a lot of interesting materials. Enjoy your work on this project!

Best regards,
Idel Pivnitskiy
--

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 1:06 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am looking for contributing to AeroGear project, I want to work on the issue AGDROID-568. I’m new so I don’t know how to setup whole project.

Can someone from team help me from basic like how to setup project and test project?

Jatin

Re: [aerogear-dev] (no subject)

Hi Jatin,

For AeroGear Android we have a doc[1] for it. It's a little outdate about the version but still the same steps.

https://aerogear.org/docs/guides/aerogear-android/how-to-build-aerogear-android/

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 9:06 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am looking for contributing to AeroGear project, I want to work on the issue AGDROID-568. I’m new so I don’t know how to setup whole project.

Can someone from team help me from basic like how to setup project and test project?

Jatin

Re: [aerogear-dev] (no subject)

mywork.jatin

Thanks Idel and Daniel for help, but some how I’m unable to use openshift launch button for AeroGear, which making account its giving a message

No New Users Accepted

The OpenShift Online (Next Gen) Developer Preview is here! We will not be accepting new users onto the OpenShift Online (v2) platform.

So now I’m trying to deploy war files on Jboss EAP7 stand alone server usind there files https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/releases/tag/1.2.0-alpha.3 but there are multiple war files and I don’t know which one to deploy first.

And I am also going to try them using docker on AWS.

Jatin

Re: [aerogear-dev] (no subject)

Idel Pivnitskiy
Hi Jatin,

So now I’m trying to deploy war files on Jboss EAP7 stand alone server usind there files https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/releases/tag/1.2.0-alpha.3 but there are multiple war files and I don’t know which one to deploy first.

And I am also going to try them using docker on AWS.

See "Deploy the UnifiedPush Server" section in the guide which I sent to you early: https://aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush/ups_userguide/index/#deploy

Best regards,
Idel Pivnitskiy