[aerogear-dev] contributing to forge plugin.

[aerogear-dev] contributing to forge plugin.

josedonizetti
Hey guys, I've studying aerogear those days and I'm willing to
contribute to it. :)
Dunno where to lend my hands yet, but I was thinking about the
aerogear forge plugin.
I think Jay Balunas has said something about it on the hangout today.
So I'd like to ask what do you think about that? And if is there any
idea related to it?

Thanks,
José Donizetti.

Re: [aerogear-dev] contributing to forge plugin.

tech4j@gmail.com

On Aug 14, 2012, at 5:44 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

Hey guys, I've studying aerogear those days and I'm willing to
contribute to it. :)
Dunno where to lend my hands yet, but I was thinking about the
aerogear forge plugin.
I think Jay Balunas has said something about it on the hangout today.
So I'd like to ask what do you think about that? And if is there any
idea related to it?

Awesome to hear you want to lend a hand!!

The best place to start with the forge plugin would likely be looking at an existing prototype that Richard from Metawidget worked on - http://blog.kennardconsulting.com/2012/02/metawidget-and-aerogear.html

I'm not sure of the current state of that plugin, but it took a RESTful application and generated standard crud HTML5 pages for accessing the resources.  I know it was not "complete" yet, so digging in there might be a good start.

Then we can discuss your idea's and findings, and see what you think is needed there.

Wdyt?

Thanks,
José Donizetti.

Re: [aerogear-dev] contributing to forge plugin.

Pete Muir
I think he got most of the generation working, and had the R part of CRUD done (but not the CUD). Also I'm sure some of the more complex types (relationships etc) weren't done.

George might have looked at this more recently?

On 15 Aug 2012, at 01:19, Jay Balunas wrote:

> On Aug 14, 2012, at 5:44 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> Hey guys, I've studying aerogear those days and I'm willing to
>> contribute to it. :)
>> Dunno where to lend my hands yet, but I was thinking about the
>> aerogear forge plugin.
>> I think Jay Balunas has said something about it on the hangout today.
>> So I'd like to ask what do you think about that? And if is there any
>> idea related to it?
>
> Awesome to hear you want to lend a hand!!
>
> The best place to start with the forge plugin would likely be looking at an existing prototype that Richard from Metawidget worked on - http://blog.kennardconsulting.com/2012/02/metawidget-and-aerogear.html
>
> I'm not sure of the current state of that plugin, but it took a RESTful application and generated standard crud HTML5 pages for accessing the resources.  I know it was not "complete" yet, so digging in there might be a good start.
>
> Then we can discuss your idea's and findings, and see what you think is needed there.
>
> Wdyt?
>

>> Thanks,
>> José Donizetti.

Re: [aerogear-dev] contributing to forge plugin.

George Gastaldi
Hey there,

I haven't looked recently. I am planning to give it more attention after the Forge 1.0.6.Final release.

Anyway, I would love to know about these ideas.

Best Regards,

George Gastaldi