[aerogear-dev] code formatting

I was talking with kris today about JS formatting, and he showed me this [1].

Even if I hate some of the proposed styles, having consistency wins over personal preferences, and we don't have decent JS autoformatters, AFAIK.

Any objections to following this as our guideline for JS code?

[1]:https://github.com/rwldrn/idiomatic.js/

-- qmx

On Sep 13, 2012, at 4:16 PM, Jay Balunas wrote:

> We should combine this with a general review of our developer coding standards here - https://github.com/aerogear/ide-config

I still think that ide-config is collateral to a document describing what we use.
I've opened https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-435 to track this

> On Sep 13, 2012, at 3:14 PM, Douglas Campos wrote:
>
>> I was talking with kris today about JS formatting, and he showed me this [1].
>>
>> Even if I hate some of the proposed styles, having consistency wins over personal preferences, and we don't have decent JS autoformatters, AFAIK.
>>
>> Any objections to following this as our guideline for JS code?
>>
>> [1]:https://github.com/rwldrn/idiomatic.js/
>>
>> -- qmx

-- qmx

Re: [aerogear-dev] code formatting

Luke Holmquist
would it be better to put it here or keep both

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-427

On Sep 13, 2012, at 4:25 PM, Lucas Holmquist wrote:

> would it be better to put it here or keep both
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-427
The contributing page links to the code style stuff.

> On Sep 13, 2012, at 3:22 PM, Douglas Campos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 13, 2012, at 4:16 PM, Jay Balunas wrote:
>>
>>> We should combine this with a general review of our developer coding standards here - https://github.com/aerogear/ide-config
>>
>> I still think that ide-config is collateral to a document describing what we use.
>> I've opened https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-435 to track this

>> -- qmx

-- qmx