[aerogear-dev] aerogear-js lock library dependencies

[aerogear-dev] aerogear-js lock library dependencies

tolis emmanouilidis
Hi,

After taking a look at the PR [1] that Matthias made on AeroGear JS, I have noticed that some of our library's dependencies have been changed. For instance, the version of the Vert.x javascript client used in our integration tests is 2.0.0.Final. However the new version is 2.1.2. The same happens with the Eclipse Paho MQTT WS JavaScript Client. Its API has been changed since Jan 29 so the AeroGear-JS notifier adapter needs to comply with these changes.

I would suggest to lock the dependency versions and update our docs to point these specific versions (at least for the cases where the dependencies API is changed and AeroGear-JS code needs to be updated). Then we can open JIRA(S) and start updating the code.

wdyt?

Re: [aerogear-dev] aerogear-js lock library dependencies

Luke Holmquist

On Aug 15, 2014, at 1:13 PM, tolis emmanouilidis <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

After taking a look at the PR [1] that Matthias made on AeroGear JS, I have noticed that some of our library's dependencies have been changed. For instance, the version of the Vert.x javascript client used in our integration tests is 2.0.0.Final. However the new version is 2.1.2. The same happens with the Eclipse Paho MQTT WS JavaScript Client. Its API has been changed since Jan 29 so the AeroGear-JS notifier adapter needs to comply with these changes.

I would suggest to lock the dependency versions and update our docs to point these specific versions (at least for the cases where the dependencies API is changed and AeroGear-JS code needs to be updated). Then we can open JIRA(S) and start updating the code.

that is probably a good idea.

I know once things from push land slow down,  we are going to look at re-working the integration tests.