[aerogear-dev] Website suggestion: Team members page

[aerogear-dev] Website suggestion: Team members page

Hylke Bons
Hey,

What does everyone think about having a team members page on the website?
I think it would be good for community engagement.

It would have profile pictures, and maybe 2-3 lines about who you are
and what you are doing on the project. It doesn't have to go in-depth.
Maybe links to blogs and Twitter accounts would be nice too.

Something like: http://openstack.redhat.com/People

Let me know what you think.

Hylke

Re: [aerogear-dev] Website suggestion: Team members page

On 23 Jan 2014, at 18:15, Hylke Bons <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> What does everyone think about having a team members page on the website?
> I think it would be good for community engagement.
>
> It would have profile pictures, and maybe 2-3 lines about who you are
> and what you are doing on the project. It doesn't have to go in-depth.
> Maybe links to blogs and Twitter accounts would be nice too.
>
> Something like: http://openstack.redhat.com/People
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Hylke

Re: [aerogear-dev] Website suggestion: Team members page

Matthias Wessendorf
+1 like the idea. Gives faces to the website! Sure you can find these faces, by checking on GH ;-) but yeah... +1 on something like that

-M

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 6:22 PM, Corinne Krych <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1
On 23 Jan 2014, at 18:15, Hylke Bons <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> What does everyone think about having a team members page on the website?
> I think it would be good for community engagement.
>
> It would have profile pictures, and maybe 2-3 lines about who you are
> and what you are doing on the project. It doesn't have to go in-depth.
> Maybe links to blogs and Twitter accounts would be nice too.
>
> Something like: http://openstack.redhat.com/People
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Hylke

Re: [aerogear-dev] Website suggestion: Team members page

Bruno Oliveira
I'm not against it, but we have the same thing on GH https://github.com/orgs/aerogear/members

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1 like the idea. Gives faces to the website! Sure you can find these faces, by checking on GH ;-) but yeah... +1 on something like that

-M

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 6:22 PM, Corinne Krych <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1
On 23 Jan 2014, at 18:15, Hylke Bons <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> What does everyone think about having a team members page on the website?
> I think it would be good for community engagement.
>
> It would have profile pictures, and maybe 2-3 lines about who you are
> and what you are doing on the project. It doesn't have to go in-depth.
> Maybe links to blogs and Twitter accounts would be nice too.
>
> Something like: http://openstack.redhat.com/People
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Hylke

Re: [aerogear-dev] Website suggestion: Team members page

Apostolos Emmanouilidis
it would be nice to create a contributors page instead of a team members page. something similar to JBoss Arquillian contributors page [1].
This would motivate people outside the team members to contribute to the project and get involved.

[1]: http://arquillian.org/community/contributors/

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 10:20:42AM +0100, Apostolos Emmanouilidis wrote:
> it would be nice to create a contributors page instead of a team members
> page. something similar to JBoss Arquillian contributors page [1].
> This would motivate people outside the team members to contribute to the
> project and get involved.
>
> [1]: http://arquillian.org/community/contributors/

Re: [aerogear-dev] Website suggestion: Team members page

Erik Jan de Wit
Great idea, what would also be good to motivate contributions is something like brackets does http://brackets.io/contribute.html
Where they have selected issue people can fix to get started

On 24 Jan,2014, at 10:20 , Apostolos Emmanouilidis <[hidden email]> wrote:

it would be nice to create a contributors page instead of a team members page. something similar to JBoss Arquillian contributors page [1].
This would motivate people outside the team members to contribute to the project and get involved.

[1]: http://arquillian.org/community/contributors/

On Fri, 2014-01-24 at 00:23 -0200, Bruno Oliveira wrote:
I'm not against it, but we have the same thing on GH https://github.com/orgs/aerogear/members

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1 like the idea. Gives faces to the website! Sure you can find these faces, by checking on GH ;-) but yeah... +1 on something like that

-M

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 6:22 PM, Corinne Krych <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1
On 23 Jan 2014, at 18:15, Hylke Bons <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> What does everyone think about having a team members page on the website?
> I think it would be good for community engagement.
>
> It would have profile pictures, and maybe 2-3 lines about who you are
> and what you are doing on the project. It doesn't have to go in-depth.
> Maybe links to blogs and Twitter accounts would be nice too.
>
> Something like: http://openstack.redhat.com/People
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Hylke

Re: [aerogear-dev] Website suggestion: Team members page

Gotcha +1

--
abstractj

On Jan 24, 2014, at 4:20 AM, Apostolos Emmanouilidis <[hidden email]> wrote:

it would be nice to create a contributors page instead of a team members page. something similar to JBoss Arquillian contributors page [1].
This would motivate people outside the team members to contribute to the project and get involved.

[1]: http://arquillian.org/community/contributors/

oh snap,  i'm on that list

On Fri, 2014-01-24 at 00:23 -0200, Bruno Oliveira wrote:
I'm not against it, but we have the same thing on GH https://github.com/orgs/aerogear/members

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1 like the idea. Gives faces to the website! Sure you can find these faces, by checking on GH ;-) but yeah... +1 on something like that

-M

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 6:22 PM, Corinne Krych <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1
On 23 Jan 2014, at 18:15, Hylke Bons <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> What does everyone think about having a team members page on the website?
> I think it would be good for community engagement.
>
> It would have profile pictures, and maybe 2-3 lines about who you are
> and what you are doing on the project. It doesn't have to go in-depth.
> Maybe links to blogs and Twitter accounts would be nice too.
>
> Something like: http://openstack.redhat.com/People
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Hylke

Re: [aerogear-dev] Website suggestion: Team members page

Karel Piwko
On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 10:20:42 +0100
Apostolos Emmanouilidis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> it would be nice to create a contributors page instead of a team members
> page. something similar to JBoss Arquillian contributors page [1].
> This would motivate people outside the team members to contribute to the
> project and get involved.
>
> [1]: http://arquillian.org/community/contributors/

The other great thing there is "contributor spotlight" - awarding an active
community member with a few paragraphs on the main page