[aerogear-dev] Website color options

Andres Galante
Hi!

I've done some color testing:

http://andresgalante.com/aerogearwebsite/colortest.html

I have my favorite but it doesn't matter what I think, this website should appeal to developers.

What do you think?

Re: [aerogear-dev] Website color options

Is there any "method or reasoning" behind choosing colors? I like green blue and orange, but it's just personal taste :)

On December 4, 2014 6:51:05 PM GMT-02:00, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I've done some color testing:
>
>http://andresgalante.com/aerogearwebsite/colortest.html
>
>I have my favorite but it doesn't matter what I think, this website
>should appeal to developers.
>
>What do you think?

Re: [aerogear-dev] Website color options

Andres Galante
Blue and orange are the colors of the logo, gray is neutral, red is the hat.

Is there any "method or reasoning" behind choosing colors? I like green blue and orange, but it's just personal taste :)

On December 4, 2014 6:51:05 PM GMT-02:00, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I've done some color testing:
>
>http://andresgalante.com/aerogearwebsite/colortest.html
>
>I have my favorite but it doesn't matter what I think, this website
>should appeal to developers.
>
>What do you think?

Re: [aerogear-dev] Website color options

danielbevenius
I like the orange.

On 4 December 2014 at 23:04, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:
Blue and orange are the colors of the logo, gray is neutral, red is the hat.

Is there any "method or reasoning" behind choosing colors? I like green blue and orange, but it's just personal taste :)

On December 4, 2014 6:51:05 PM GMT-02:00, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I've done some color testing:
>
>http://andresgalante.com/aerogearwebsite/colortest.html
>
>I have my favorite but it doesn't matter what I think, this website
>should appeal to developers.
>
>What do you think?

Is there any "method or reasoning" behind choosing colors? I like green blue and orange, but it's just personal taste :)

On December 4, 2014 6:51:05 PM GMT-02:00, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I've done some color testing:
>
>http://andresgalante.com/aerogearwebsite/colortest.html
>
>I have my favorite but it doesn't matter what I think, this website
>should appeal to developers.
>
>What do you think?

Re: [aerogear-dev] Website color options

Andres Galante
I added 2 more options. They are the same pastel Blue and orange of the logo.

http://andresgalante.com/aerogearwebsite/colortest.html

Is there any "method or reasoning" behind choosing colors? I like green blue and orange, but it's just personal taste :)

On December 4, 2014 6:51:05 PM GMT-02:00, Andres Galante < [hidden email] > wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I've done some color testing:
>
> http://andresgalante.com/aerogearwebsite/colortest.html
>
>I have my favorite but it doesn't matter what I think, this website
>should appeal to developers.
>
>What do you think?

Re: [aerogear-dev] Website color options

Erik Jan de Wit
I like the green and the orange ( I have to like orange ;) ), but I was
wondering are we going to change the colours of the logo as well? Cause
the colors of the site are not the same they are harder. When we use the
logo with the colours we have now will it not look dated? There also
seems that there are some missing images so maybe I'm missing something

On 12/04/2014 03:51 PM, Andres Galante wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've done some color testing:
>
> http://andresgalante.com/aerogearwebsite/colortest.html
>
> I have my favorite but it doesn't matter what I think, this website should appeal to developers.
>
> What do you think?
Red and Grey

>>Phone:404 941 4698
>>Java is my crack.

Re: [aerogear-dev] Website color options

Andres Galante
@erik I've reupload the images, should work now.

Thera are 2 versions of the website following the colors of the logo. I like the blue one:

http://andresgalante.com/aerogearwebsite/colortest.html

The other options are test I did going bold on colors. Maybe we should narrow the choices on those first 2 (orange logo and blue logo)

I must admit I am not a fan the logo, font choice is bad, type treatment is wrong, icon is completely wrong, "G" is deformed, gears centers are not centered, the braking on the height is absolutely wrong. The colors of the logo have too little contrast to work either on dark or light backgrounds. But I guess this is a matter for another day.

On 05/12/2014 15:40, Andres Galante wrote:
> @erik I've reupload the images, should work now.
Thanks
> Thera are 2 versions of the website following the colors of the logo. I like the blue one:
>
> http://andresgalante.com/aerogearwebsite/colortest.html
>
> The other options are test I did going bold on colors. Maybe we should narrow the choices on those first 2 (orange logo and blue logo)
Right I like the blue of the logo as well
> I must admit I am not a fan the logo, font choice is bad, type treatment is wrong, icon is completely wrong, "G" is deformed, gears centers are not centered, the braking on the height is absolutely wrong. The colors of the logo have too little contrast to work either on dark or light backgrounds. But I guess this is a matter for another day.
Hmm, right why not do that better as well, I see little sense in picking
a colour to match the logo now when we are going to change the logo later.

To be honest I don't think I am allow to change the logo :) Lets continue with it as it is.

On 05/12/2014 15:40, Andres Galante wrote:
> @erik I've reupload the images, should work now.
Thanks
> Thera are 2 versions of the website following the colors of the logo. I like the blue one:
>
> http://andresgalante.com/aerogearwebsite/colortest.html
>
> The other options are test I did going bold on colors. Maybe we should narrow the choices on those first 2 (orange logo and blue logo)
Right I like the blue of the logo as well
> I must admit I am not a fan the logo, font choice is bad, type treatment is wrong, icon is completely wrong, "G" is deformed, gears centers are not centered, the braking on the height is absolutely wrong. The colors of the logo have too little contrast to work either on dark or light backgrounds. But I guess this is a matter for another day.
Hmm, right why not do that better as well, I see little sense in picking
a colour to match the logo now when we are going to change the logo later.

Corinne Krych
+1 with the blue from the logo

++
Corinne

> On 05 Dec 2014, at 16:04, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> To be honest I don't think I am allow to change the logo :) Lets continue with it as it is.

Bruno Oliveira
Red + Gray from my super personal taste.

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 6:20 PM, Corinne Krych <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1 with the blue from the logo

++
Corinne
> On 05 Dec 2014, at 16:04, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> To be honest I don't think I am allow to change the logo :) Lets continue with it as it is.

Also I would vote for creating a poll like Lukas did and tweet from aerogears account. We did that for people vote for the name WildFly, why not choose the colours of the website?

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 6:48 PM, Bruno Oliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:
Red + Gray from my super personal taste.

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 6:20 PM, Corinne Krych <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1 with the blue from the logo

++
Corinne
> On 05 Dec 2014, at 16:04, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> To be honest I don't think I am allow to change the logo :) Lets continue with it as it is.

Good idea, I would reduce the options to grey, logo blue or logo orange.

Lukas how did you sent up the poll?

Also I would vote for creating a poll like Lukas did and tweet from
aerogears account. We did that for people vote for the name WildFly, why
not choose the colours of the website?

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 6:48 PM, Bruno Oliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Red + Gray from my super personal taste.
>

> On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 6:20 PM, Corinne Krych <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> +1 with the blue from the logo
>>
>> ++
>> Corinne
>> > On 05 Dec 2014, at 16:04, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > To be honest I don't think I am allow to change the logo :) Lets
>> continue with it as it is.

Lukas Fryc
It's just a Google Forms, I can create it, Andres!

Should I use the current themes here?

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 10:50 PM, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good idea, I would reduce the options to grey, logo blue or logo orange.

Lukas how did you sent up the poll?

Also I would vote for creating a poll like Lukas did and tweet from
aerogears account. We did that for people vote for the name WildFly, why
not choose the colours of the website?

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 6:48 PM, Bruno Oliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Red + Gray from my super personal taste.
>

> On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 6:20 PM, Corinne Krych <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> +1 with the blue from the logo
>>
>> ++
>> Corinne
>> > On 05 Dec 2014, at 16:04, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > To be honest I don't think I am allow to change the logo :) Lets
>> continue with it as it is.

Yes please, you can use the current ones, just narrow them to blue and orange logo, and gray. I think that the others doesn't make much sense.

The version I have online is the blue one. http://andresgalante.com/aerogearwebsite/