[aerogear-dev] Web Push protocol WGLC

Idel Pivnitskiy
Hi all,

Looks like Web Push WG ready for the WGLC [1]. They gathers feedback as soon as possible.

I've initiated a few thread:
  1. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/webpush/current/threads.html#00549
  2. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/webpush/current/threads.html#00559
Also I want to ask them some questions about not clear parts of the draft for me.

Daniel, could you review the current draft too, please? My suggestion will be to read editor's copy [2], instead of IETF page [3], because they merged a few changes this week [4].

Best regards,
Idel Pivnitskiy

Re: [aerogear-dev] Web Push protocol WGLC

danielbevenius
Daniel, could you review the current draft too, please? My suggestion will be to read editor's copy [2], instead of IETF page [3], because they merged a few changes this week [4].
I'll try to catch up on the spec this week (hard to find the spare time to do this at the moment).

On 3 June 2016 at 12:51, Idel Pivnitskiy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Looks like Web Push WG ready for the WGLC [1]. They gathers feedback as soon as possible.

I've initiated a few thread:
  1. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/webpush/current/threads.html#00549
  2. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/webpush/current/threads.html#00559
Also I want to ask them some questions about not clear parts of the draft for me.

Daniel, could you review the current draft too, please? My suggestion will be to read editor's copy [2], instead of IETF page [3], because they merged a few changes this week [4].

Best regards,
Idel Pivnitskiy

Re: [aerogear-dev] Web Push protocol WGLC

Idel Pivnitskiy
Community provides a good feedback and a lot of changes were merged. WG decided to postpone WGLC for a 2 weeks to resolve all issues.

New discussion threads were initiated by me:
  1. Define a list of headers, which must be transmitted to the UA: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/webpush/current/threads.html#00578
  2. Different status codes for negative Push Message Receipts: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/webpush/current/threads.html#00579
  3. When UA should send an acknowledgement? http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/webpush/current/threads.html#00580
  4. 414 Request-URL Too Long: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/webpush/current/threads.html#00581
  5. Try to deliver receipt at least once, even if TTL expired: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/webpush/current/threads.html#00582
  6. Delivery receipt may be sent before AS request delivery: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/webpush/current/threads.html#00597
For some of them new GitHub issues was created. Also here is one issue without sending messages to the Web Push mailing list:

Prefer: wait=0 for Receiving Push Message Receipts: https://github.com/webpush-wg/webpush-protocol/issues/113

Best regards,
Idel Pivnitskiy
--

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 7:03 AM, Daniel Bevenius <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Matthias Wessendorf
Hi Idel,

thanks a lot, this is good feedback on the status!

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 1:21 AM, Idel Pivnitskiy <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Update for the latest week:

We discussed the questions, which I asked previously (follow previous links). Most of them are closed now.

In addition here were a few new contributions/questions:
Brian Raymor (one of the authors of Web Push protocol) added me to the Acknowledgements part of the draft :) Small achievement)

We are also trying to schedule a time slot with him for chatting to discuss some issues and he asked me about attendance on IETF96 this July: https://www.ietf.org/meeting/upcoming.html

Best regards,
Idel Pivnitskiy

On Tuesday, 14 June 2016, Idel Pivnitskiy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Update for the latest week:

We discussed the questions, which I asked previously (follow previous links). Most of them are closed now.

In addition here were a few new contributions/questions:
Brian Raymor (one of the authors of Web Push protocol) added me to the Acknowledgements part of the draft :) Small achievement)

wow! this is huge!!

keep up the good work!
Thanks for these updates, really appreciated!

On 3 June 2016 at 12:51, Idel Pivnitskiy <<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;idel.pivnitskiy@gmail.com&#39;);" target="_blank">idel.pivnitskiy@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Looks like Web Push WG ready for the WGLC [1]. They gathers feedback as soon as possible.

I've initiated a few thread:
  1. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/webpush/current/threads.html#00549
  2. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/webpush/current/threads.html#00559
Also I want to ask them some questions about not clear parts of the draft for me.

Daniel, could you review the current draft too, please? My suggestion will be to read editor's copy [2], instead of IETF page [3], because they merged a few changes this week [4].

Best regards,
Idel Pivnitskiy

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: [aerogear-dev] Web Push protocol WGLC

Idel Pivnitskiy
Thank you, Matthias! :)

The 6th version released 3 hours ago: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-webpush-protocol-06

Best regards,