[aerogear-dev] Updated wording for the staging site

[aerogear-dev] Updated wording for the staging site

Jay Balunas
Hi All,

Trying to work out the new wording for the tagline on the front page of the site.  Right now it says "JBoss Focused Resources for Mobile and HTML5".

Couple issues with that.

1) We don't want to lead off with "JBOSS" as the client libraries are really for the native developers (web, hybrid, native(ios, android)).  The server impl should not be first word.

2) It is not very descriptive about what or why developers would want to use AeroGear.

A few points:

* Libs are "your way" so maybe something something like "Access to secure persistence the way you expect it".

* There is more to come.  So if we can work in some wording or impression that this is just the beginning...

* Not just JBoss AS as the backend, but cloud based with openshift, and even using ruby

* Cordova and hybrid should be mentioned - its an important part of our eventual plans, and it not in the graphic

* HTML5 is important, but could almost be assumed when talking about mobile web

* our libs are handling the plumbing, making it easier to develop

Any idea's out there for a good way to put this together for a tag line?  I'll think on it more and post some ideas too...

-Jay

Re: [aerogear-dev] Updated wording for the staging site

jose_freitas
That's an interesting topic.
In fact, it took me a while to understand what this project really is, and still I cannot foresee what it will become, even though, I'd like to give my contribution on this, may I?

"Your RedHat support to connect your mobile and hybrid applications to the cloud"

I understand the usage of the JBoss Brand, but IMHO it's tightly coupled to the Java and JavaEE world, RedHat in other hand is much more generic and still is a strong brand.

Re: [aerogear-dev] Updated wording for the staging site

Glen Daniels

Wow, that's a lot to pack into a tag line, Jay. :)

Hm.  "The AeroGear Project: Open-source tools for mobile developers.
Simple, secure connectivity to your backend."  ("Project" implies we're
still building it?)

--Glen

On 9/20/12 5:04 PM, Jay Balunas wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Trying to work out the new wording for the tagline on the front page
> of the site.  Right now it says "JBoss Focused Resources for Mobile
> and HTML5".
>
> Couple issues with that.
>
> 1) We don't want to lead off with "JBOSS" as the client libraries are
> really for the native developers (web, hybrid, native(ios, android)).
> The server impl should not be first word.
>
> 2) It is not very descriptive about what or why developers would want
> to use AeroGear.
>
> A few points:
>
> * Libs are "your way" so maybe something something like "Access to
> secure persistence the way you expect it".
>
> * There is more to come.  So if we can work in some wording or
> impression that this is just the beginning...
>
> * Not just JBoss AS as the backend, but cloud based with openshift,
> and even using ruby
>
> * Cordova and hybrid should be mentioned - its an important part of
> our eventual plans, and it not in the graphic
>
> * HTML5 is important, but could almost be assumed when talking about
> mobile web
>
> * our libs are handling the plumbing, making it easier to develop
>
> Any idea's out there for a good way to put this together for a tag
> line?  I'll think on it more and post some ideas too...
>
> -Jay _______________________________________________ aerogear-dev
> mailing list [hidden email]

Re: [aerogear-dev] Updated wording for the staging site

I don't have really a tagline in mind but I think it's also important to mention the fact that this project is backed by a big company which implies : High Quality, professionalism and support.

Seb

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 5:45 AM, Glen Daniels <[hidden email]> wrote:

Wow, that's a lot to pack into a tag line, Jay. :)

Hm.  "The AeroGear Project: Open-source tools for mobile developers.
Simple, secure connectivity to your backend."  ("Project" implies we're
still building it?)

--Glen

On 9/20/12 5:04 PM, Jay Balunas wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Trying to work out the new wording for the tagline on the front page
> of the site.  Right now it says "JBoss Focused Resources for Mobile
> and HTML5".
>
> Couple issues with that.
>
> 1) We don't want to lead off with "JBOSS" as the client libraries are
> really for the native developers (web, hybrid, native(ios, android)).
> The server impl should not be first word.
>
> 2) It is not very descriptive about what or why developers would want
> to use AeroGear.
>
> A few points:
>
> * Libs are "your way" so maybe something something like "Access to
> secure persistence the way you expect it".
>
> * There is more to come.  So if we can work in some wording or
> impression that this is just the beginning...
>
> * Not just JBoss AS as the backend, but cloud based with openshift,
> and even using ruby
>
> * Cordova and hybrid should be mentioned - its an important part of
> our eventual plans, and it not in the graphic
>
> * HTML5 is important, but could almost be assumed when talking about
> mobile web
>
> * our libs are handling the plumbing, making it easier to develop
>
> Any idea's out there for a good way to put this together for a tag
> line?  I'll think on it more and post some ideas too...
>
> -Jay _______________________________________________ aerogear-dev
> mailing list [hidden email]

Re: [aerogear-dev] Updated wording for the staging site

Luke Holmquist
Doesn't say much but it's simple,   "Mobile, your way"

then let the picture on the right of it tell the story.  A picture is worth a thousand words.

Hi,

On Sep 20, 2012, at 5:49 PM, jose_freitas wrote:

> That's an interesting topic.
> In fact, it took me a while to understand what this project really is, and
> still I cannot foresee what it will become

Hmm, this has been something we're struggling with, not where we're going, but how to communicate that better.  Hopefully the new site will help in that.

> , even though, I'd like to give my
> contribution on this, may I?

Of coarse :-)

> "Your RedHat support to connect your mobile and hybrid applications to the
> cloud"
>
> I understand the usage of the JBoss Brand, but IMHO it's tightly coupled to
> the Java and JavaEE world, RedHat in other hand is much more generic and
> still is a strong brand.

Fair point

On Sep 20, 2012, at 11:45 PM, Glen Daniels wrote:

> Wow, that's a lot to pack into a tag line, Jay. :)

yup :-)

> Hm.  "The AeroGear Project: Open-source tools for mobile developers.
> Simple, secure connectivity to your backend."  ("Project" implies we're
> still building it?)

I like this approach.

> --Glen
>
> On 9/20/12 5:04 PM, Jay Balunas wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Trying to work out the new wording for the tagline on the front page
>> of the site.  Right now it says "JBoss Focused Resources for Mobile
>> and HTML5".
>>
>> Couple issues with that.
>>
>> 1) We don't want to lead off with "JBOSS" as the client libraries are
>> really for the native developers (web, hybrid, native(ios, android)).
>> The server impl should not be first word.
>>
>> 2) It is not very descriptive about what or why developers would want
>> to use AeroGear.
>>
>> A few points:
>>
>> * Libs are "your way" so maybe something something like "Access to
>> secure persistence the way you expect it".
>>
>> * There is more to come.  So if we can work in some wording or
>> impression that this is just the beginning...
>>
>> * Not just JBoss AS as the backend, but cloud based with openshift,
>> and even using ruby
>>
>> * Cordova and hybrid should be mentioned - its an important part of
>> our eventual plans, and it not in the graphic
>>
>> * HTML5 is important, but could almost be assumed when talking about
>> mobile web
>>
>> * our libs are handling the plumbing, making it easier to develop
>>
>> Any idea's out there for a good way to put this together for a tag
>> line?  I'll think on it more and post some ideas too...
>>
>> -Jay _______________________________________________ aerogear-dev
>> mailing list [hidden email]

Re: [aerogear-dev] Updated wording for the staging site

Kris Borchers

On Sep 21, 2012, at 7:41 AM, Jay Balunas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sep 20, 2012, at 11:45 PM, Glen Daniels wrote:
>

>> Wow, that's a lot to pack into a tag line, Jay. :)
>
> yup :-)
>

>> Hm.  "The AeroGear Project: Open-source tools for mobile developers.
>> Simple, secure connectivity to your backend."  ("Project" implies we're
>> still building it?)
>
> I like this approach.

My only problem with this one, and any tagline trying to fit everything you want to convey Jay, is that the tagline, a button and the image need to fit on a mobile device screen. They do flip to a vertical orientation but that's pretty long. I think simple is going to be better here. I don't think we need to spell out every bit of the project in a tagline, just it's essence  … that's what the rest of the home page is for. :)

On Sep 21, 2012, at 8:49 AM, Kris Borchers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sep 21, 2012, at 7:41 AM, Jay Balunas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 20, 2012, at 11:45 PM, Glen Daniels wrote:
>>

>>> Wow, that's a lot to pack into a tag line, Jay. :)
>>
>> yup :-)
>>

>>> Hm.  "The AeroGear Project: Open-source tools for mobile developers.
>>> Simple, secure connectivity to your backend."  ("Project" implies we're
>>> still building it?)
>>
>> I like this approach.
>
> My only problem with this one, and any tagline trying to fit everything you want to convey Jay, is that the tagline, a button and the image need to fit on a mobile device screen. They do flip to a vertical orientation but that's pretty long. I think simple is going to be better here. I don't think we need to spell out every bit of the project in a tagline, just it's essence  … that's what the rest of the home page is for. :)

+1  see my previous email,  tag line was "Mobile, your way"

>>> --Glen

Re: [aerogear-dev] Updated wording for the staging site

Sebastien Blanc
"Aerogear, Mobile tools solid as rock"

On Sep 21, 2012, at 8:53 AM, Lucas Holmquist wrote:

> On Sep 21, 2012, at 8:49 AM, Kris Borchers <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> yup :-)

>>> I like this approach.
>>
>> My only problem with this one, and any tagline trying to fit everything you want to convey Jay, is that the tagline, a button and the image need to fit on a mobile device screen. They do flip to a vertical orientation but that's pretty long. I think simple is going to be better here. I don't think we need to spell out every bit of the project in a tagline, just it's essence  … that's what the rest of the home page is for. :)
>>

> +1  see my previous email,  tag line was "Mobile, your way"

I know we're not going to fit everything in a tag line, but I think a few words on the project would be good :-)

If we shorten the above to something like "Open-source (tools or libraries or projects) for mobile developers"  Maybe adding "Simple, secure connectivity ( "your way" or "" or "to your backend")

tech4j@gmail.com

On Sep 21, 2012, at 9:03 AM, Jay Balunas wrote:

> On Sep 21, 2012, at 8:53 AM, Lucas Holmquist wrote:

>>> My only problem with this one, and any tagline trying to fit everything you want to convey Jay, is that the tagline, a button and the image need to fit on a mobile device screen. They do flip to a vertical orientation but that's pretty long. I think simple is going to be better here. I don't think we need to spell out every bit of the project in a tagline, just it's essence  … that's what the rest of the home page is for. :)
>>>

>> +1  see my previous email,  tag line was "Mobile, your way"
>
> I know we're not going to fit everything in a tag line, but I think a few words on the project would be good :-)
>
> If we shorten the above to something like "Open-source (tools or libraries or projects) for mobile developers"  Maybe adding "Simple, secure connectivity ( "your way" or "" or "to your backend")

Lets finalize this at tomorrows meeting along with any last minute changes and we should be good to launch!