[aerogear-dev] UnifiedPush js client

Luke Holmquist
so i decided to take a gander at the push client lib in the aerogear.js project.   Currently if someone would like to use it,  they have a couple options.

1. download the whole lib,
2. download a custom build from the website
3. download a custom build from bower
4. create a custom build from source

In the past i think i was against breaking out pieces of the JS lib into separate repo's since we could just use the AeroGearComponents repo i created for custom builds.  But i think with the state of the JS lib(not sure where it's going), it might make sense to, at least with the push lib(perhaps the simplePush polyfill also) to break those out into separate repo's similar to the other client projects.

I think the starting vision of the project has changed, so perhaps this change is good.(this should probably be a whole separate thread)

Now that Chrome and Safari have push in the browser, FF is getting it also very soon,  it's possible this part of the library will be used more

thoughts?

-Luke

Re: [aerogear-dev] UnifiedPush js client

Matthias Wessendorf

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 7:22 PM, Luke Holmquist <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

yeah, makes sense to separate it.
And while getting back at the JS push lib, due to more interest in browser based push, I think it would be good to revisit the security aspects, for device (installation) registration against UPS.

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 1:45 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

yea,  this is an issue.  Not sure the best way to approach this though.  but thats a different conversation i think

On Monday, August 24, 2015, Luke Holmquist <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 1:45 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;matzew@apache.org&#39;);" target="_blank">matzew@...> wrote:

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 7:22 PM, Luke Holmquist <<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;lholmqui@redhat.com&#39;);" target="_blank">lholmqui@...> wrote:
[...]

yep

-Luke

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: [aerogear-dev] UnifiedPush js client

Luke Holmquist
The new Repo is now here https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-js-push !!

I'll create some JIRA's to update the Readme, update aerogear.org, remove the code from the main repo, etc...

Question.  Will this require a major version bump once i remove the code?  i'm thinking yes

+1

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 12:01 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
sure, let's do it - makes it obvious something changed

Yea,  before i do the bump, i'll have to see what else we want/need to remove.  I know notifier we deprecated.  I'll start a separate ML thread for all this 3.0 talk and what the future might look like for the JS Lib