[aerogear-dev] UnifiedPush Server 1.1.0-alpha1

[aerogear-dev] UnifiedPush Server 1.1.0-alpha1

this is the first round of the 1.1.x series! It contains new Push networks (Windows WNS/MPNS) and nice UI enhancements like import/export, as well as fixes and improvements

Please test the staged alpha1 release:

NOTE: on the 1.0.x series. For December we plan a 1.0.3 release. If needed we may do a 1.0.4 in 2015, but after the 1.0.3 release is out, I hope to shift the focus on the 1.1.x series.

Re: [aerogear-dev] UnifiedPush Server 1.1.0-alpha1

Daniel Passos-2
Hey Matz

I'll play a bit with it. btw not sure how important it is, but semver 2.0.0 replaced alpha1 by alpha.1

In related news it's alpha and I think we can ship it to the maven central to the community review. If something is wrong we can always release a new alpha. wdyt?

-- Passos

On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 12:48 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

this is the first round of the 1.1.x series! It contains new Push networks (Windows WNS/MPNS) and nice UI enhancements like import/export, as well as fixes and improvements

Please test the staged alpha1 release:

NOTE: on the 1.0.x series. For December we plan a 1.0.3 release. If needed we may do a 1.0.4 in 2015, but after the 1.0.3 release is out, I hope to shift the focus on the 1.1.x series.

Re: [aerogear-dev] UnifiedPush Server 1.1.0-alpha1

Matthias Wessendorf
hey,

good point. For second alpha we can go with this versioning (e.g. alpha.2)

But this is really not a show-stopper :-)

On Mon, Dec 01, 2014 at 01:48:50PM +0100, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> hey,
>
> good point. For second alpha we can go with this versioning (e.g. alpha.2)
>
> But this is really not a show-stopper :-)
-1

Unless it's extremely hard to fix the version, I think it would be wise
for us to change it before releasing. Wrong version tags lend to
improper sorting and other annoyances.