[aerogear-dev] UnifiedPush GCM Canonical ID question

[aerogear-dev] UnifiedPush GCM Canonical ID question

Marc Cheptea
Hi Guys,

I've been looking trough the UnifiedPush documentation, however I can't
find an answer to my question.

I have an UPS 1.0.3 installation. When I register my application
multiple times (via install/uninstall) with GCM and UPS I'm starting to
get duplicate notifications.

According to various posts on SO
(http://stackoverflow.com/a/27073013/2853903) when an UPS sends a
notification to an re-registered device, GCM responds with a canonical
id. This canonical ID indicates that the device re-registered and all
new notifications should be routed to the new device token.

My question is: How does UPS handle this scenario?

As of version 1.0.3 it seems this case is ignored and devices keep
receiving notifications until GCM starts rejecting UPS queries.

Many thanks for your help!

Mark

Re: [aerogear-dev] UnifiedPush GCM Canonical ID question

Matthias Wessendorf
Hi Marc,

can you create a JIRA ticket for this on our JIRA instance:

We will need to look into this.