[aerogear-dev] UPS: next releases and branches

[aerogear-dev] UPS: next releases and branches

Matthias Wessendorf
Hi folks,

for early Jan, I'd like to get the UPS-1.1.1 out:

Not sure we will be doing a 1.1.2 later, but maybe... given these JIRAs:

The next minor version will be 1.2.0:

However, I had quick chat w/ Lukas in the morning, that we already have KC version update on master, but that really should not be in a 1.1.x patch version.

Here is the proposal of what to do:
* I branch of master for a 1.1.x patch branch, and on that branch, I simply rewert the KC update.
* Obviously on master we keep the update, but also update the version there to 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT

Also, since "active" branches are a PITA (we had that on 1.0.x), the idea is that the 1.1.x branch will be deleted ASAP, e.g. once  we get out 1.1.1 shipped. In case we do a 1.1.2, we'd simple create a new 1.1.x branch of the 1.1.1 TAG.

But on master, things will be moving forward, towards UPS 1.2.0

Any thoughts?

Re: [aerogear-dev] UPS: next releases and branches

Hi Matthias, the overall plan looks good to me. Just a question to
make sure I understood.

- on master - Keycloak 1.7.0.Final
- on 1.1.x branch - Keycloak 1.5.0.Final

Is that correct?

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 11:27 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> for early Jan, I'd like to get the UPS-1.1.1 out:
> https://issues.jboss.org/projects/AGPUSH/versions/12327457
>
> Not sure we will be doing a 1.1.2 later, but maybe... given these JIRAs:
> https://issues.jboss.org/projects/AGPUSH/versions/12323762
>
> The next minor version will be 1.2.0:
> https://issues.jboss.org/projects/AGPUSH/versions/12327301
>
> However, I had quick chat w/ Lukas in the morning, that we already have KC
> version update on master, but that really should not be in a 1.1.x patch
> version.
>
> Here is the proposal of what to do:
> * I branch of master for a 1.1.x patch branch, and on that branch, I simply
> rewert the KC update.
> * Obviously on master we keep the update, but also update the version there
> to 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> Also, since "active" branches are a PITA (we had that on 1.0.x), the idea is
> that the 1.1.x branch will be deleted ASAP, e.g. once  we get out 1.1.1
> shipped. In case we do a 1.1.2, we'd simple create a new 1.1.x branch of the
> 1.1.1 TAG.
>
> But on master, things will be moving forward, towards UPS 1.2.0
>

> Any thoughts?
>

> -Matthias

- abstractj

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 4:31 PM, Bruno Oliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Matthias, the overall plan looks good to me. Just a question to
make sure I understood.

- on master - Keycloak 1.7.0.Final

yes, and basically upgrading from current 1.5.0 to 1.7.0 - only on master

- on 1.1.x branch - Keycloak 1.5.0.Final

no - will revert that particular fix on the 1.1.x branch, so that the KC update is "only" on master

Is that correct?

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 11:27 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> for early Jan, I'd like to get the UPS-1.1.1 out:
> https://issues.jboss.org/projects/AGPUSH/versions/12327457
>
> Not sure we will be doing a 1.1.2 later, but maybe... given these JIRAs:
> https://issues.jboss.org/projects/AGPUSH/versions/12323762
>
> The next minor version will be 1.2.0:
> https://issues.jboss.org/projects/AGPUSH/versions/12327301
>
> However, I had quick chat w/ Lukas in the morning, that we already have KC
> version update on master, but that really should not be in a 1.1.x patch
> version.
>
> Here is the proposal of what to do:
> * I branch of master for a 1.1.x patch branch, and on that branch, I simply
> rewert the KC update.
> * Obviously on master we keep the update, but also update the version there
> to 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> Also, since "active" branches are a PITA (we had that on 1.0.x), the idea is
> that the 1.1.x branch will be deleted ASAP, e.g. once  we get out 1.1.1
> shipped. In case we do a 1.1.2, we'd simple create a new 1.1.x branch of the
> 1.1.1 TAG.
>
> But on master, things will be moving forward, towards UPS 1.2.0
>

> Any thoughts?
>

> -Matthias

- abstractj

Re: [aerogear-dev] UPS: next releases and branches

Bruno Oliveira

Go ahead!

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015, 2:12 PM Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 4:31 PM, Bruno Oliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Matthias, the overall plan looks good to me. Just a question to
make sure I understood.

- on master - Keycloak 1.7.0.Final

yes, and basically upgrading from current 1.5.0 to 1.7.0 - only on master

- on 1.1.x branch - Keycloak 1.5.0.Final

no - will revert that particular fix on the 1.1.x branch, so that the KC update is "only" on master

Is that correct?

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 11:27 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> for early Jan, I'd like to get the UPS-1.1.1 out:
> https://issues.jboss.org/projects/AGPUSH/versions/12327457
>
> Not sure we will be doing a 1.1.2 later, but maybe... given these JIRAs:
> https://issues.jboss.org/projects/AGPUSH/versions/12323762
>
> The next minor version will be 1.2.0:
> https://issues.jboss.org/projects/AGPUSH/versions/12327301
>
> However, I had quick chat w/ Lukas in the morning, that we already have KC
> version update on master, but that really should not be in a 1.1.x patch
> version.
>
> Here is the proposal of what to do:
> * I branch of master for a 1.1.x patch branch, and on that branch, I simply
> rewert the KC update.
> * Obviously on master we keep the update, but also update the version there
> to 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> Also, since "active" branches are a PITA (we had that on 1.0.x), the idea is
> that the 1.1.x branch will be deleted ASAP, e.g. once  we get out 1.1.1
> shipped. In case we do a 1.1.2, we'd simple create a new 1.1.x branch of the
> 1.1.1 TAG.
>
> But on master, things will be moving forward, towards UPS 1.2.0
>

> Any thoughts?
>

> -Matthias

- abstractj

Re: [aerogear-dev] UPS: next releases and branches

Matthias Wessendorf
Alright,

here is the 1.1.x branch:
and I did revert the KC update, on that branch:

Also, master is now 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:

This will, eventually also get the KC 1.7.0 update, that abstractj is working on

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 11:21 PM, Bruno Oliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:

Go ahead!

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015, 2:12 PM Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 4:31 PM, Bruno Oliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Matthias, the overall plan looks good to me. Just a question to
make sure I understood.

- on master - Keycloak 1.7.0.Final

yes, and basically upgrading from current 1.5.0 to 1.7.0 - only on master

- on 1.1.x branch - Keycloak 1.5.0.Final

no - will revert that particular fix on the 1.1.x branch, so that the KC update is "only" on master

Is that correct?

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 11:27 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> for early Jan, I'd like to get the UPS-1.1.1 out:
> https://issues.jboss.org/projects/AGPUSH/versions/12327457
>
> Not sure we will be doing a 1.1.2 later, but maybe... given these JIRAs:
> https://issues.jboss.org/projects/AGPUSH/versions/12323762
>
> The next minor version will be 1.2.0:
> https://issues.jboss.org/projects/AGPUSH/versions/12327301
>
> However, I had quick chat w/ Lukas in the morning, that we already have KC
> version update on master, but that really should not be in a 1.1.x patch
> version.
>
> Here is the proposal of what to do:
> * I branch of master for a 1.1.x patch branch, and on that branch, I simply
> rewert the KC update.
> * Obviously on master we keep the update, but also update the version there
> to 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> Also, since "active" branches are a PITA (we had that on 1.0.x), the idea is
> that the 1.1.x branch will be deleted ASAP, e.g. once  we get out 1.1.1
> shipped. In case we do a 1.1.2, we'd simple create a new 1.1.x branch of the
> 1.1.1 TAG.
>
> But on master, things will be moving forward, towards UPS 1.2.0
>

> Any thoughts?
>

> -Matthias

- abstractj