[aerogear-dev] UPS and Docker

for UPS we have three different images, at:
1) unifiedpush-wildfly
2) unifiedpush-wildfly-dev
3) push-quickstarts-wildfly-dev

The first deploys the latest stable (1.0.2) release on WildFly, using HTTPS. The second does a checkout of the UPS master repo, and also deploys it into WildFly, using HTTPS.

The third one deploys our 'complex' CRUD quickstart, which we did for xpaas launch. I'd like to remove this, because that's a repo which will eventually go away.

I could keep it, if there is really interest in it - but I prefer to remove it....

Now, the other two are currently broken, because there are some changes in the layer above us. The WildFly's parent parent :-) now is Centos7, not Fedora anymore. This is cool, since Centos is closer to RHEL and also used on Openshift-Origin.

I have update the two Dockerfiles based on the underlying OS change, and I added deployment for UPS 1.1.0-beta.2 (our last release). Here is my branch:

Moving forward, I added support for MySQL using Docker container linking:

NOTE: this requires two docker containers (named 'unifiedpush' and 'keycloak') being around. Here is a docker-compose.yml file allowing to run the entire shindig:

Any thoughts?

Re: [aerogear-dev] UPS and Docker

Matthias Wessendorf
Sent the PR for the container linkage:

To some degree it also mimics hat openshift itself does, spinning up the different pods via Kubernetes, and using env. variables to access the inbound containers/pods

-Matthias

Hi,