[aerogear-dev] UPS Migrations for Master, Sequences and Friends

[aerogear-dev] UPS Migrations for Master, Sequences and Friends

Howdy!

While working on rebasing the migration PR I've noticed that Lukas moved my 'category_seq' generator to the shiny-new 'enhanced-sequence' generator.

Does anyone remembers the reasoning for the change? I'm asking because we do want a sequence-style generator BUT with individual sequence-like tables when using mysql. The reason for this is SEVERE contention with InnoDB tables under load - something that is prone to happen when you go with the `hibernate_sequence` magic table.

I might be missing something.....HALP? :)

[]'z

Re: [aerogear-dev] UPS Migrations for Master, Sequences and Friends

Lukas Fryc
Heya qmx!

we was in the middle of switching from pure orm.xml to hbm.xml (in order to allow column indexing in JPA 2.0),

when we found out the 'sequence' generator does not really work with MySQL (the MySQL adapter complains about not supporting that configuration).

So Gunnar recommended 'enhanced-sequence' which should basically be a sequence that use fallback strategy and it should be compliant with how Hibernate operates for JPA 2.0 sequence configuration.

I would be perfectly happy with any solution that would allow us to use the same strategy as before, but the problem is we didn't find one.

Do someone has any suggestions?

~ Lukas