[aerogear-dev] UPS : Errors in Category Insertion

[aerogear-dev] UPS : Errors in Category Insertion

Vivek Pandey

Hello UPS Team,

I am noticing a strange problem in UPS 1.0.3. The primary key of the table “category” is out of sync with the sequence “category_seq”.

The id column contains negative values too. We are seeing error messages like

        ... 76 more

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "category_pkey"

  Detail: Key (id)=(192524) already exists.

        at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2157)

I have attached the complete log for reference.

We are using Postgres 9.3 and wildfly 8.1.0.

Is it a known issue which is fixed in 1.1.0 Final?

I am working to find the root cause and will communicate as soon as I have one.

Vivek

This message may contain privileged and confidential information and is solely for the use of intended recipient. The views expressed in this email are those of the sender and not of Pine Labs. The recipient should check this email and attachments for the presence of viruses / malwares etc. Pine Labs accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Pine Labs may monitor and record all emails.

server.log (170K) Download Attachment

Re: [aerogear-dev] UPS : Errors in Category Insertion

Vivek Pandey

We have been able to narrow down the issue to following scenario.

Suppose we insert an installation with following payload

{"deviceToken":"q1wS", "alias":"1@xyz", "categories":["offer"]}

Later, when the installation is updated

{"deviceToken":"q1wS", "alias":"2@xyz", "categories":["offer"]}

We are seeing the exception mentioned below. This happens in 1.0.3 and 1.1.0 Final as well.

Re: [aerogear-dev] UPS : Errors in Category Insertion

Lukas Fryc-2
Hi Vivek,

This certainly seems like a bug and is worth to report, and we should look into it in 1.1.1.

I know Sebastien did some work around categories optimizations that is likely related.

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 8:11 AM, Vivek Pandey <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Lukáš Fryč
Software Engineer
Red Hat Mobile | AeroGear.org, FeedHenry.org

Thanks Lukas, I have logged a bug for this issue https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-1568

Re: [aerogear-dev] UPS : Errors in Category Insertion

Matthias Wessendorf
It would be good if the model/jpa folder has a test case for that :)

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 8:18 AM, Vivek Pandey <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Lukas, I have logged a bug for this issue https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-1568

Re: [aerogear-dev] UPS : Errors in Category Insertion

Sebastien Blanc
@Erik can you make sure that your fix is covered by a unit test as well ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone