Quantcast

[aerogear-dev] The Metrics RESTFUL api... some inconsistencies

[aerogear-dev] The Metrics RESTFUL api... some inconsistencies

Morten Oftedal

Hi!

Currently developing an application using UPS 1.1.3 FINAL.

We are using the RESTFUL API for fetching information about sent push messages (metrics) and have noticed some inconsistencies in the data;

The total receivers number per message does not match the total receivers when adding the variant receivers together.

There seems to be some duplicate values when asking for variants. For our application, there are two variants, but the API returns anything from 2-6 different variants with some duplicate Variant IDs.

The number of receivers presented on the aerogear admin GUI seems to be an aggregate of the variants, not of the total receivers number from the message.

Attached is some metrics results with said errors.

Are the numbers representing different things is there some error in counting the number of receivers in one of the methods?

Also when sending push messages with defined user data (such as URLs) this data is not saved in the underlying database. Is this a design choice or an upcoming feature?

Best Regards

Morten Oftedal

Adresseavisen

pushmsg.json (2K) Download Attachment

Re: [aerogear-dev] The Metrics RESTFUL api... some inconsistencies

Oleg Matskiv
Hello Morten,

Total number of receivers is incorrect because in 1.1.3 we started using topics [1]. So when receivers use new version of client library they are subscribed to global topic + topic per category (not sure if we also use topics for aliases). Then when you send notification to whole variant or category, UPS sends one notification for the topic. There could be many receivers for given topic, but in metrics it is represented as one.
We already have JIRA ticket [2] for this issue.

I don't know about other issues.
Oleg Matskiv

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 10:36 AM, Morten Oftedal <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Associate Quality Engineer
Red Hat Mobile Application Platform