[aerogear-dev] Staging of UPS 1.1.0.Final

12

[aerogear-dev] Staging of UPS 1.1.0.Final

Sebastien Blanc
Hi team,

I'm happy to announce that UPS 1.1.0 Final has been staged.

Please test the staged release :

By the end of the week I'd like to press the button to release it to the wild.

Sebi

ps : the openshift update will follow

Re: [aerogear-dev] Staging of UPS 1.1.0.Final

Matthias Wessendorf
alright, thanks!

I will do the OpenShift updates, based on the git tag

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Sebastien Blanc <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi team,

I'm happy to announce that UPS 1.1.0 Final has been staged.

Please test the staged release :

By the end of the week I'd like to press the button to release it to the wild.

Sebi

ps : the openshift update will follow

Re: [aerogear-dev] Staging of UPS 1.1.0.Final

Idel Pivnitskiy
I've just checked MireDot API documentation. Everything is ok, but it has some insignificant issues. I uploaded the latest version here [1], see Issues tab.

We could hide them [2], before publishing on www.aerogear.org, or fix them and move the git tag.

Best regards,
Idel Pivnitskiy
--

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 12:17 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
alright, thanks!

I will do the OpenShift updates, based on the git tag

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Sebastien Blanc <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi team,

I'm happy to announce that UPS 1.1.0 Final has been staged.

Please test the staged release :

By the end of the week I'd like to press the button to release it to the wild.

Sebi

ps : the openshift update will follow

Re: [aerogear-dev] Staging of UPS 1.1.0.Final

Idel Pivnitskiy
Sure, will send

Best regards,
Idel Pivnitskiy
--

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 2:40 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Done: https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/pull/633
It would be great if someone will check the whole API documentation. Hope it doesn't have typos or other problems.

Best regards,
Idel Pivnitskiy
--

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 3:11 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
alright, thanks!

I will do the OpenShift updates, based on the git tag

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Sebastien Blanc <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi team,

I'm happy to announce that UPS 1.1.0 Final has been staged.

Please test the staged release :

By the end of the week I'd like to press the button to release it to the wild.

Sebi

ps : the openshift update will follow

Re: [aerogear-dev] Staging of UPS 1.1.0.Final

Lukas Fryc
Hey guys,

I was testing iOS and Android devices against OpenShift 1.1.0.Final deployment,

I discovered few issues:

  • Activity log - shows pending AGPUSH-1513
  • Windows Phone 8 / Cordova app - shows Registering, but never registers (still debugging this, may be something wrong with my setup)
  • UX improvement: when switching to Analytics, the data aren’t loaded and shows No Data blank slate
  • debugging improvement: enable fully qualified names in debug log: FINE  [NotificationDispatcher] -> FINE [org.jboss.aerogear....NotificationDispatcher]

From the mentioned issues only AGPUSH-1513 is considered a blocker,
we have agreed with Sebi to restage 1.1.0 with AGPUSH-1513 and then implement AGPUSH-1512 in 1.1.1.

~ Lukas

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 7:56 AM, Lukáš Fryč <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Corinne Krych
Thanks Lukas,

On Cordova iOS side you also discovered the enable_bitcode issue which is fixed by this PR [1].
Interesting Cordova is working on making the default project set-up with ENABLE_BITCODE=No [2] which is less restrictive (no need to have all dependent lib built with bitcode enabled).

++
Corinne

On 1 October 2015 at 09:34, Lukáš Fryč <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey guys,

I was testing iOS and Android devices against OpenShift 1.1.0.Final deployment,

I discovered few issues:

  • Activity log - shows pending AGPUSH-1513
  • Windows Phone 8 / Cordova app - shows Registering, but never registers (still debugging this, may be something wrong with my setup)
  • UX improvement: when switching to Analytics, the data aren’t loaded and shows No Data blank slate
  • debugging improvement: enable fully qualified names in debug log: FINE  [NotificationDispatcher] -> FINE [org.jboss.aerogear....NotificationDispatcher]

>From the mentioned issues only AGPUSH-1513 is considered a blocker,
we have agreed with Sebi to restage 1.1.0 with AGPUSH-1513 and then implement AGPUSH-1512 in 1.1.1.

~ Lukas

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 7:56 AM, Lukáš Fryč <[hidden email]> wrote:
Don't ship yet, I'm taking look today :-)

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 3:44 PM, Sebastien Blanc <[hidden email]> wrote:
As anyone done any tests for this really important release, it has been staging now for more than 2 weeks ?

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Idel Pivnitskiy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Done: https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/pull/633
It would be great if someone will check the whole API documentation. Hope it doesn't have typos or other problems.

Best regards,
Idel Pivnitskiy
--

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 3:11 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
alright, thanks!

I will do the OpenShift updates, based on the git tag

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Sebastien Blanc <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi team,

I'm happy to announce that UPS 1.1.0 Final has been staged.

Please test the staged release :

By the end of the week I'd like to press the button to release it to the wild.

Sebi

ps : the openshift update will follow

Re: [aerogear-dev] Staging of UPS 1.1.0.Final

Lukas Fryc
Thanks Corinne, I forgot about it, tbh I didn't think about it as 1.1.0.Final issue, but yea, it is probably linked to it :-)

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 10:20 AM, Corinne Krych <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Lukas,

On Cordova iOS side you also discovered the enable_bitcode issue which is fixed by this PR [1].
Interesting Cordova is working on making the default project set-up with ENABLE_BITCODE=No [2] which is less restrictive (no need to have all dependent lib built with bitcode enabled).

++
Corinne

On 1 October 2015 at 09:34, Lukáš Fryč <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey guys,

I was testing iOS and Android devices against OpenShift 1.1.0.Final deployment,

I discovered few issues:

  • Activity log - shows pending AGPUSH-1513
  • Windows Phone 8 / Cordova app - shows Registering, but never registers (still debugging this, may be something wrong with my setup)
  • UX improvement: when switching to Analytics, the data aren’t loaded and shows No Data blank slate
  • debugging improvement: enable fully qualified names in debug log: FINE  [NotificationDispatcher] -> FINE [org.jboss.aerogear....NotificationDispatcher]

>From the mentioned issues only AGPUSH-1513 is considered a blocker,
we have agreed with Sebi to restage 1.1.0 with AGPUSH-1513 and then implement AGPUSH-1512 in 1.1.1.

~ Lukas

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 7:56 AM, Lukáš Fryč <[hidden email]> wrote:
Don't ship yet, I'm taking look today :-)

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 3:44 PM, Sebastien Blanc <[hidden email]> wrote:
As anyone done any tests for this really important release, it has been staging now for more than 2 weeks ?

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Idel Pivnitskiy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Done: https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/pull/633
It would be great if someone will check the whole API documentation. Hope it doesn't have typos or other problems.

Best regards,
Idel Pivnitskiy
--

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 3:11 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
alright, thanks!

I will do the OpenShift updates, based on the git tag

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Sebastien Blanc <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi team,

I'm happy to announce that UPS 1.1.0 Final has been staged.

Please test the staged release :

By the end of the week I'd like to press the button to release it to the wild.

Sebi

ps : the openshift update will follow

Re: [aerogear-dev] Staging of UPS 1.1.0.Final

Lukas Fryc-2
I've finished my testing - Cordova apps on Android, iOS and WP8 against OpenShift 1.1.0.Final deployment and found these issues:

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 2:43 PM, Lukáš Fryč <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Corinne, I forgot about it, tbh I didn't think about it as 1.1.0.Final issue, but yea, it is probably linked to it :-)

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 10:20 AM, Corinne Krych <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Lukas,

On Cordova iOS side you also discovered the enable_bitcode issue which is fixed by this PR [1].
Interesting Cordova is working on making the default project set-up with ENABLE_BITCODE=No [2] which is less restrictive (no need to have all dependent lib built with bitcode enabled).

++
Corinne

On 1 October 2015 at 09:34, Lukáš Fryč <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey guys,

I was testing iOS and Android devices against OpenShift 1.1.0.Final deployment,

I discovered few issues:

  • Activity log - shows pending AGPUSH-1513
  • Windows Phone 8 / Cordova app - shows Registering, but never registers (still debugging this, may be something wrong with my setup)
  • UX improvement: when switching to Analytics, the data aren’t loaded and shows No Data blank slate
  • debugging improvement: enable fully qualified names in debug log: FINE  [NotificationDispatcher] -> FINE [org.jboss.aerogear....NotificationDispatcher]

>From the mentioned issues only AGPUSH-1513 is considered a blocker,
we have agreed with Sebi to restage 1.1.0 with AGPUSH-1513 and then implement AGPUSH-1512 in 1.1.1.

~ Lukas

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 7:56 AM, Lukáš Fryč <[hidden email]> wrote:
Don't ship yet, I'm taking look today :-)

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 3:44 PM, Sebastien Blanc <[hidden email]> wrote:
As anyone done any tests for this really important release, it has been staging now for more than 2 weeks ?

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Idel Pivnitskiy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Done: https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/pull/633
It would be great if someone will check the whole API documentation. Hope it doesn't have typos or other problems.

Best regards,
Idel Pivnitskiy
--

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 3:11 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
alright, thanks!

I will do the OpenShift updates, based on the git tag

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Sebastien Blanc <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi team,

I'm happy to announce that UPS 1.1.0 Final has been staged.

Please test the staged release :

By the end of the week I'd like to press the button to release it to the wild.

Sebi

ps : the openshift update will follow

Lukáš Fryč
Software Engineer
Red Hat Mobile | AeroGear.org, FeedHenry.org

Re: [aerogear-dev] Staging of UPS 1.1.0.Final

Daniel Passos
I've finished my tests to native Android and everything works perfect.

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 4:29 AM, Lukas Fryc <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

Best regards,
Idel Pivnitskiy
--

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 3:11 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
alright, thanks!

I will do the OpenShift updates, based on the git tag

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Sebastien Blanc <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi team,

I'm happy to announce that UPS 1.1.0 Final has been staged.

Please test the staged release :

By the end of the week I'd like to press the button to release it to the wild.

Sebi

ps : the openshift update will follow

Lukáš Fryč
Software Engineer
Red Hat Mobile | AeroGear.org, FeedHenry.org

Re: [aerogear-dev] Staging of UPS 1.1.0.Final

Hi guys,

Ad) 1.1.0 RELEASE

we have agreed with Sebi to restage 1.1.0 including these fixes:

AGPUSH-1513 UPS Console shows Pending - because servedVariants < totalVariants
AGPUSH-1516 Change AerogearLogger to use fully-qualified class names instead of simple class names
AGCORDOVA-120 NullReferenceException when delivering message to WP8 app on foreground

I will create release-1.1.0 branch so we can continue developing / merging changes into master for version 1.1.x.

Ad) TRIAGE

We also did a triage of 1.1.x issues, resulting into 2 versions:

1.1.1: critical fixes & small UX improvements

1.1.x: other minor improvements for 1.1 that can wait for later releases

Cheers!

~ Lukas

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 2:05 PM, Daniel Passos <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
alright, thanks!

I will do the OpenShift updates, based on the git tag

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Sebastien Blanc <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi team,

I'm happy to announce that UPS 1.1.0 Final has been staged.

Please test the staged release :

By the end of the week I'd like to press the button to release it to the wild.

Sebi

ps : the openshift update will follow

Lukáš Fryč
Software Engineer
Red Hat Mobile | AeroGear.org, FeedHenry.org

Lukáš Fryč
Software Engineer
Red Hat Mobile | AeroGear.org, FeedHenry.org

Re: [aerogear-dev] Staging of UPS 1.1.0.Final

Here are aforementioned patches, could you please take a look?

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 5:38 PM, Lukas Fryc <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

I will do the OpenShift updates, based on the git tag

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Sebastien Blanc <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi team,

I'm happy to announce that UPS 1.1.0 Final has been staged.

Please test the staged release :

By the end of the week I'd like to press the button to release it to the wild.

Sebi

ps : the openshift update will follow

Lukáš Fryč
Software Engineer
Red Hat Mobile | AeroGear.org, FeedHenry.org

Lukáš Fryč
Software Engineer
Red Hat Mobile | AeroGear.org, FeedHenry.org

--
Lukáš Fryč
Software Engineer
Red Hat Mobile | AeroGear.org, FeedHenry.org

Re: [aerogear-dev] Staging of UPS 1.1.0.Final

so, that mean we skip the staged 1.1.0? and will do a re-staging, that includes the fixes?

I'd say so ...

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 3:03 PM, Lukas Fryc <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

I will do the OpenShift updates, based on the git tag

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Sebastien Blanc <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi team,

I'm happy to announce that UPS 1.1.0 Final has been staged.

Please test the staged release :

By the end of the week I'd like to press the button to release it to the wild.

Sebi

ps : the openshift update will follow

Lukáš Fryč
Software Engineer
Red Hat Mobile | AeroGear.org, FeedHenry.org

Lukáš Fryč
Software Engineer
Red Hat Mobile | AeroGear.org, FeedHenry.org

--
Lukáš Fryč
Software Engineer
Red Hat Mobile | AeroGear.org, FeedHenry.org

Re: [aerogear-dev] Staging of UPS 1.1.0.Final

Yes, that was the plan. Fortunately we haven't hit AGPUSH-1513 until we deployed to OpenShift, there is is especially apparent.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 3:14 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

Hi team,

I'm happy to announce that UPS 1.1.0 Final has been staged.

Please test the staged release :

By the end of the week I'd like to press the button to release it to the wild.

Sebi

ps : the openshift update will follow

Lukáš Fryč
Software Engineer
Red Hat Mobile | AeroGear.org, FeedHenry.org

Lukáš Fryč
Software Engineer
Red Hat Mobile | AeroGear.org, FeedHenry.org

--
Lukáš Fryč
Software Engineer
Red Hat Mobile | AeroGear.org, FeedHenry.org

Lukáš Fryč
Software Engineer
Red Hat Mobile | AeroGear.org, FeedHenry.org

Re: [aerogear-dev] Staging of UPS 1.1.0.Final

*Unfortunately :-)

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 4:25 PM, Lukas Fryc <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

By the end of the week I'd like to press the button to release it to the wild.

Sebi

ps : the openshift update will follow

Lukáš Fryč
Software Engineer
Red Hat Mobile | AeroGear.org, FeedHenry.org

Lukáš Fryč
Software Engineer
Red Hat Mobile | AeroGear.org, FeedHenry.org

--
Lukáš Fryč
Software Engineer
Red Hat Mobile | AeroGear.org, FeedHenry.org

Lukáš Fryč
Software Engineer
Red Hat Mobile | AeroGear.org, FeedHenry.org

--
Lukáš Fryč
Software Engineer
Red Hat Mobile | AeroGear.org, FeedHenry.org

Re: [aerogear-dev] Staging of UPS 1.1.0.Final

Ok,

on it