[aerogear-dev] Shoot and Share design

123

[aerogear-dev] Shoot and Share design

Summers Pittman

Now that we have two Shoot and Share impl's I'm hoping to get some
design work going on with them.

Right now we need an icon.  I'm sure if there is a wild designer on this
list we will get awesome input.

(ppsssst agalante that's your cue).

>>Phone:404 941 4698
>>Java is my crack.

Re: [aerogear-dev] Shoot and Share design

Summers Pittman

Relevant JIRA: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-1538

On 11/06/2014 10:31 AM, Summers Pittman wrote:
> Now that we have two Shoot and Share impl's I'm hoping to get some
> design work going on with them.
>
> Right now we need an icon.  I'm sure if there is a wild designer on this
> list we will get awesome input.
>
> (ppsssst agalante that's your cue).

>>Phone:404 941 4698
>>Java is my crack.

Re: [aerogear-dev] Shoot and Share design

Andres Galante
:) "wild" and "designer" and 2 words fits me, specially the "wild" part.
I'll work on it and send it over for you guys to review soon.
After we do the Icon I'll help out with the interface.

Now that we have two Shoot and Share impl's I'm hoping to get some
design work going on with them.

Right now we need an icon.  I'm sure if there is a wild designer on this
list we will get awesome input.

(ppsssst agalante that's your cue).

>>Phone:404 941 4698
>>Java is my crack.

Re: [aerogear-dev] Shoot and Share design

Andres Galante
Hi,

I am working with 3 ideas for the icon:

1- A camera with a share icon (arrow). Like the original one.
2- A camera or a picture as a dialog icon.
3- A typographic icon with the "s".

Here are some first sketches: http://andresgalante.com/sketch.jpg

What do you think? any other idea is very welcome.

:) "wild" and "designer" and 2 words fits me, specially the "wild" part.
I'll work on it and send it over for you guys to review soon.
After we do the Icon I'll help out with the interface.

Now that we have two Shoot and Share impl's I'm hoping to get some
design work going on with them.

Right now we need an icon.  I'm sure if there is a wild designer on this
list we will get awesome input.

(ppsssst agalante that's your cue).

>>Phone:404 941 4698
>>Java is my crack.

Re: [aerogear-dev] Shoot and Share design

Summers Pittman
I like the one on the far right with the purplish curved arrow.  It
reminds me a bit of the G in the AeroGear logo.

On 11/07/2014 10:37 AM, Andres Galante wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working with 3 ideas for the icon:
>
> 1- A camera with a share icon (arrow). Like the original one.
> 2- A camera or a picture as a dialog icon.
> 3- A typographic icon with the "s".
>
> Here are some first sketches: http://andresgalante.com/sketch.jpg
>
> What do you think? any other idea is very welcome.

Corinne Krych
Same here curved purple arrow might be more expressive i think the straight arror for “share” comes from Apple icons.
It might be better to have sth that fit both platforms.

++
Corinne

On 07 Nov 2014, at 16:50, Summers Pittman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I like the one on the far right with the purplish curved arrow.  It
> reminds me a bit of the G in the AeroGear logo.
>
> On 11/07/2014 10:37 AM, Andres Galante wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am working with 3 ideas for the icon:
>>
>> 1- A camera with a share icon (arrow). Like the original one.
>> 2- A camera or a picture as a dialog icon.
>> 3- A typographic icon with the "s".
>>
>> Here are some first sketches: http://andresgalante.com/sketch.jpg
>>
>> What do you think? any other idea is very welcome.

Perfect, I'll work on that one.

Thanks!

Same here curved purple arrow might be more expressive i think the straight arror for “share” comes from Apple icons.
It might be better to have sth that fit both platforms.

++
Corinne

On 07 Nov 2014, at 16:50, Summers Pittman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I like the one on the far right with the purplish curved arrow.  It
> reminds me a bit of the G in the AeroGear logo.
>
> On 11/07/2014 10:37 AM, Andres Galante wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am working with 3 ideas for the icon:
>>
>> 1- A camera with a share icon (arrow). Like the original one.
>> 2- A camera or a picture as a dialog icon.
>> 3- A typographic icon with the "s".
>>
>> Here are some first sketches: http://andresgalante.com/sketch.jpg
>>
>> What do you think? any other idea is very welcome.

This is as far as I got today with it:

https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12386218/icon.jpg

I'll finish it on monday, any inputs are welcome.

Have a nice weekend and I hope you get better soon Corinne.

Same here curved purple arrow might be more expressive i think the straight arror for “share” comes from Apple icons.
It might be better to have sth that fit both platforms.

++
Corinne

On 07 Nov 2014, at 16:50, Summers Pittman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I like the one on the far right with the purplish curved arrow.  It
> reminds me a bit of the G in the AeroGear logo.
>
> On 11/07/2014 10:37 AM, Andres Galante wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am working with 3 ideas for the icon:
>>
>> 1- A camera with a share icon (arrow). Like the original one.
>> 2- A camera or a picture as a dialog icon.
>> 3- A typographic icon with the "s".
>>
>> Here are some first sketches: http://andresgalante.com/sketch.jpg
>>
>> What do you think? any other idea is very welcome.

Erik Jan de Wit
Love it

On 7 Nov,2014, at 21:42 , Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is as far as I got today with it:
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12386218/icon.jpg
>
> I'll finish it on monday, any inputs are welcome.
>
> Have a nice weekend and I hope you get better soon Corinne.

Yay! This is amazing!

Re: [aerogear-dev] Shoot and Share design

cvasilak
looks nice!

-
Christos

On Nov 7, 2014, at 10:42 PM, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is as far as I got today with it:
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12386218/icon.jpg
>
> I'll finish it on monday, any inputs are welcome.
>
> Have a nice weekend and I hope you get better soon Corinne.

On 10 November 2014 09:07, Christos Vasilakis <[hidden email]> wrote:
looks nice!

-
Christos

On Nov 7, 2014, at 10:42 PM, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is as far as I got today with it:
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12386218/icon.jpg
>
> I'll finish it on monday, any inputs are welcome.
>
> Have a nice weekend and I hope you get better soon Corinne.

danielbevenius
+1 Very nice!

måndag 10 november 2014 skrev Corinne Krych <[hidden email]>:
+1

On 10 November 2014 09:07, Christos Vasilakis <[hidden email]> wrote:
looks nice!

-
Christos

On Nov 7, 2014, at 10:42 PM, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is as far as I got today with it:
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12386218/icon.jpg
>
> I'll finish it on monday, any inputs are welcome.
>
> Have a nice weekend and I hope you get better soon Corinne.

Good morning. Here is a final version:

https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12386242/Shotandshare-icon2.png

https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12386241/Shotandshare-icon.png

Let me know if you like it. It's not very iOS7 style, if you think its too old fashion I can build other options to choose from.

On 11/10/2014 06:54 AM, Andres Galante wrote:
> Good morning. Here is a final version:
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12386242/Shotandshare-icon2.png
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12386241/Shotandshare-icon.png
>
> Let me know if you like it. It's not very iOS7 style, if you think its too old fashion I can build other options to choose from.
That was going to be my comment.

How about something like this:
https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12386248/Shotandshare-icon-ios7.png

its a (fast)firs idea. If you like it, I'll make some color changes and finishing touches.

On 11/10/2014 06:54 AM, Andres Galante wrote:
> Good morning. Here is a final version:
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12386242/Shotandshare-icon2.png
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12386241/Shotandshare-icon.png
>
> Let me know if you like it. It's not very iOS7 style, if you think its too old fashion I can build other options to choose from.
That was going to be my comment.

Here is a side by side image to help decide:

https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12386257/oldvsnew.png

its a (fast)firs idea. If you like it, I'll make some color changes and finishing touches.

On 11/10/2014 06:54 AM, Andres Galante wrote:
> Good morning. Here is a final version:
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12386242/Shotandshare-icon2.png
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12386241/Shotandshare-icon.png
>
> Let me know if you like it. It's not very iOS7 style, if you think its too old fashion I can build other options to choose from.
That was going to be my comment.

Daniel Passos-2
Hi Andres,

I really like the 'new' icon

-- Passos

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:
Here is a side by side image to help decide:

https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12386257/oldvsnew.png

its a (fast)firs idea. If you like it, I'll make some color changes and finishing touches.

On 11/10/2014 06:54 AM, Andres Galante wrote:
> Good morning. Here is a final version:
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12386242/Shotandshare-icon2.png
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12386241/Shotandshare-icon.png
>
> Let me know if you like it. It's not very iOS7 style, if you think its too old fashion I can build other options to choose from.
That was going to be my comment.

Thanks passos, this is the final icon:

https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12386265/icon-final.png

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Andres Galante < [hidden email] > wrote:

Here is a side by side image to help decide:

https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12386257/oldvsnew.png

its a (fast)firs idea. If you like it, I'll make some color changes and finishing touches.

On 11/10/2014 06:54 AM, Andres Galante wrote:
> Good morning. Here is a final version:
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12386242/Shotandshare-icon2.png
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12386241/Shotandshare-icon.png
>
> Let me know if you like it. It's not very iOS7 style, if you think its too old fashion I can build other options to choose from.
That was going to be my comment.

123