[aerogear-dev] Removing Access to jQuery.ajax Options

[aerogear-dev] Removing Access to jQuery.ajax Options

Kris Borchers
The more I build out the different pieces of aerogear.js, I realize that giving access to and promoting the use of direct options for jQuery.ajax defeats the purpose of the abstraction. The user could just use jQuery.ajax. I think to simplify the APIs, I am going to remove the access to those options and just provide the specific options I think would be useful for the user to have access to.

Any thoughts or objections?

Re: [aerogear-dev] Removing Access to jQuery.ajax Options

Matthias Wessendorf
On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 7:19 PM, Kris Borchers <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The more I build out the different pieces of aerogear.js, I realize that giving access to and promoting the use of direct options for jQuery.ajax defeats the purpose of the abstraction. The user could just use jQuery.ajax. I think to simplify the APIs, I am going to remove the access to those options and just provide the specific options I think would be useful for the user to have access to.
>
> Any thoughts or objections?

Re: [aerogear-dev] Removing Access to jQuery.ajax Options

Burr Sutter
I assume only jQuery.ajax will be "blocked", the rest of jQuery would still be available, right?  For instance, the normal $ usage to reference DOM element and attach an event/script is still available.

On Sep 20, 2012, at 1:25 PM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 7:19 PM, Kris Borchers <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The more I build out the different pieces of aerogear.js, I realize that giving access to and promoting the use of direct options for jQuery.ajax defeats the purpose of the abstraction. The user could just use jQuery.ajax. I think to simplify the APIs, I am going to remove the access to those options and just provide the specific options I think would be useful for the user to have access to.
>>
>> Any thoughts or objections?
>
> +1

Re: [aerogear-dev] Removing Access to jQuery.ajax Options

Kris Borchers
I'm not actually blocking access to jQuery.ajax, just not going to pass options along via our methods. They could still use jQuery.ajax as is in their own app or any other part of jQuery, just not configure it via the AeroGear.js API.

On Sep 20, 2012, at 2:19 PM, Kris Borchers wrote:

> The more I build out the different pieces of aerogear.js, I realize that giving access to and promoting the use of direct options for jQuery.ajax defeats the purpose of the abstraction. The user could just use jQuery.ajax. I think to simplify the APIs, I am going to remove the access to those options and just provide the specific options I think would be useful for the user to have access to.
+9001

less is more

> Any thoughts or objections?

-- qmx