[aerogear-dev] Remove Old Auth Cookbook/Example

[aerogear-dev] Remove Old Auth Cookbook/Example

Daniel Passos
Hi y'all

I was playing with our cookbook backend repo[1] and figured we have an Auth project[2]. Since we don't support HTTP Basic/Digest authentication anymore, should we remove this example from backend repo?

[1] https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-backend-cookbook
[2] https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-backend-cookbook/tree/master/Authentication

Re: [aerogear-dev] Remove Old Auth Cookbook/Example

Corinne Krych
This is a feature present on ag-ios-http lib.
But i guess the question is: do we still need to demo it with Picketlink and controller as our server parts are going to be removed/deprecated.
Maybe we could move the backend demo to Keycloak.
@passos wdyt?

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 6:26 AM, Corinne Krych <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is a feature present on ag-ios-http lib.

Hrm, I thought we dropped support it. We don't have it on Android land anymore.

But i guess the question is: do we still need to demo it with Picketlink and controller as our server parts are going to be removed/deprecated.

+1 to remove it.

Maybe we could move the backend demo to Keycloak.

-1, since we have others examples using Keycloak

On 23 September 2015 at 15:19, Daniel Passos <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 6:26 AM, Corinne Krych <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is a feature present on ag-ios-http lib.

Hrm, I thought we dropped support it. We don't have it on Android land anymore.

But i guess the question is: do we still need to demo it with Picketlink and controller as our server parts are going to be removed/deprecated.

+1 to remove it.

Maybe we could move the backend demo to Keycloak.

-1, since we have others examples using Keycloak

I meant demo the HTTP basic/digest with native app and Keycloak.
Keycloak has its own demo using JavaScript sdk [1] we could complement it with native sdk example. But off course we need to first agree on keeping the feature on our http/pipes libs.
Discussion is opened. Let's see what other thoughts are.

++
Corinne