[aerogear-dev] Quickstart Contact List app

12

[aerogear-dev] Quickstart Contact List app

Andres Galante
Hi all,

In my first days I have been working on a redesign of the Quickstart app, Jira Issues AGPUSH-778.

Here are some first ideas of screens. There are Iphone and Android screens that follows Googles Material Design specs:

andresgalante.com/contacts_app/contacts_app.zip

Let me know what you think.

thanks,

Andres

Re: [aerogear-dev] Quickstart Contact List app

Matthias Wessendorf
Hi Andres,

looking at the images you did upload to AGPUSH-779 and AGPUSH-780, for Android and iOS, I must say -> wow. That's beautiful

Great stuff! I really like the proposal!

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 10:33 PM, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

In my first days I have been working on a redesign of the Quickstart app, Jira Issues AGPUSH-778.

Here are some first ideas of screens. There are Iphone and Android screens that follows Googles Material Design specs:

andresgalante.com/contacts_app/contacts_app.zip

Let me know what you think.

thanks,

Andres

Re: [aerogear-dev] Quickstart Contact List app

awesome!

agalante++

Re: [aerogear-dev] Quickstart Contact List app

Corinne Krych
This is the magic a designer brings to app…

++
Corinne
On 05 Nov 2014, at 12:27, Douglas Campos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> awesome!
>
> agalante++
>

> --
> qmx

Re: [aerogear-dev] Quickstart Contact List app

Great stuff Andres !
So what are the next steps ;) ?
For the Cordova version would you be able to provide some css/html ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone

> Le 4 nov. 2014 à 22:33, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi all,
>
> In my first days I have been working on a redesign of the Quickstart app, Jira Issues AGPUSH-778.
>
> Here are some first ideas of screens. There are Iphone and Android screens that follows Googles Material Design specs:
>
> andresgalante.com/contacts_app/contacts_app.zip
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> thanks,
>
> Andres

Re: [aerogear-dev] Quickstart Contact List app

cvasilak
Hi Andres!

as an iOS dev I can confess I like the ‘Material design’ :)

awesome work great stuff!

-
Christos

On Nov 4, 2014, at 11:33 PM, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In my first days I have been working on a redesign of the Quickstart app, Jira Issues AGPUSH-778.
>
> Here are some first ideas of screens. There are Iphone and Android screens that follows Googles Material Design specs:
>
> andresgalante.com/contacts_app/contacts_app.zip
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> thanks,
>
> Andres

Re: [aerogear-dev] Quickstart Contact List app

Andres Galante
Thanks a lot guys,

Christos, material design is very good, Google did an amazing job on that, lathough I ttied to bring elements of ios to the iphone app.

Sebastian, sure no problem, I will work on HTML/CSS files. Do you want me to use any special framework, like ratchet or ionic or something like that or just plane html css?

Matthias, What are the next steps? I saw thar there is also a web interface to create content for the app. Do you think I can install the hole thing locally to see how it works and change the looks of that interface also?

To all, I know this is a demo app to showcase what aerogear can do under the hood, so I cam kinda lost in some ways. I saw on the iphone preview videos that there is a Login Screen, but I havent seen a Create account one. I would like to know how the process to create account and login is, do we have a link in case someone forgets password? is there a first screen that leads to login or create or something like that?
Also, on the screens I sent is there any view missing?

If possible I would like to work together with iphone (Christos?) and android devs in case they need help them implement the design.

The UP console will take most of my time now, but please let me know if there is anything else I should work on.

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 1:20 PM, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks a lot guys,

Christos, material design is very good, Google did an amazing job on that, lathough I ttied to bring elements of ios to the iphone app.

Sebastian, sure no problem, I will work on HTML/CSS files. Do you want me to use any special framework, like ratchet or ionic or something like that or just plane html css?

Matthias, What are the next steps? I saw thar there is also a web interface to create content for the app. Do you think I can install the hole thing locally to see how it works and change the looks of that interface also?

We also have Cordova (Angular.js) app for that. That could be next, to get mocks?

Also, would be perhaps good to get the mocks into the actual app :)

To all, I know this is a demo app to showcase what aerogear can do under the hood, so I cam kinda lost in some ways. I saw on the iphone preview videos that there is a Login Screen, but I havent seen a Create account one. I would like to know how the process to create account and login is, do we have a link in case someone forgets password? is there a first screen that leads to login or create or something like that?
Also, on the screens I sent is there any view missing?

Not exactly sure what you mean, but it sounds like the flow of the app is a bit mismatched across platforms - I need to check.

PS: this is just one demo - not all of AeroGear

If possible I would like to work together with iphone (Christos?) and android devs in case they need help them implement the design.

+1 Corinne + Christos (iOS) and summers + passo(android) are working on the native bits

The UP console will take most of my time now, but please let me know if there is anything else I should work on.

The UP console, well - let's cover that in a new thread, after we aligned the demos. Not sure on a 'dramatic rewrite' for the 1.x branch.
(Not saying anything against future changes ;-))

as an iOS dev I can confess I like the ‘Material design’ :)

awesome work great stuff!

-
Christos

On Nov 4, 2014, at 11:33 PM, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In my first days I have been working on a redesign of the Quickstart app, Jira Issues AGPUSH-778.
>
> Here are some first ideas of screens. There are Iphone and Android screens that follows Googles Material Design specs:
>
> andresgalante.com/contacts_app/contacts_app.zip
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> thanks,
>
> Andres

Re: [aerogear-dev] Quickstart Contact List app

Envoyé de mon iPhone

> Le 5 nov. 2014 à 13:20, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Thanks a lot guys,
>
> Christos, material design is very good, Google did an amazing job on that, lathough I ttied to bring elements of ios to the iphone app.
>
> Sebastian, sure no problem, I will work on HTML/CSS files. Do you want me to use any special framework, like ratchet or ionic or something like that or just plane html css?
We have ionic and query mobile , but IMO, ionic has the priority.

> Matthias, What are the next steps? I saw thar there is also a web interface to create content for the app. Do you think I can install the hole thing locally to see how it works and change the looks of that interface also?
>
> To all, I know this is a demo app to showcase what aerogear can do under the hood, so I cam kinda lost in some ways. I saw on the iphone preview videos that there is a Login Screen, but I havent seen a Create account one. I would like to know how the process to create account and login is, do we have a link in case someone forgets password? is there a first screen that leads to login or create or something like that?
We have no account creation not password forgot flows , this stays an QuickStart more than a demo/showcase

> Also, on the screens I sent is there any view missing?
>
> If possible I would like to work together with iphone (Christos?) and android devs in case they need help them implement the design.
>
> The UP console will take most of my time now, but please let me know if there is anything else I should work on.

these look really nice,  and by the look of the iOS screen shots,  you need to charge your phone  :)

> On Nov 4, 2014, at 4:33 PM, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> In my first days I have been working on a redesign of the Quickstart app, Jira Issues AGPUSH-778.
>
> Here are some first ideas of screens. There are Iphone and Android screens that follows Googles Material Design specs:
>
> andresgalante.com/contacts_app/contacts_app.zip
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> thanks,
>
> Andres

Re: [aerogear-dev] Quickstart Contact List app

Andres Galante
Sebastien, I started working on the hybrid apps. You mention we will need ionic and jquery mobile versions.
I have some experience working with ionic but none on jquery mobile.

What is better for implementation: to do a stand alone html/css version of the app that can then be adapt to ionic or jquery mobile, or to build it uppon ionic structures?

these look really nice,  and by the look of the iOS screen shots,  you need to charge your phone  :)

> On Nov 4, 2014, at 4:33 PM, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> In my first days I have been working on a redesign of the Quickstart app, Jira Issues AGPUSH-778.
>
> Here are some first ideas of screens. There are Iphone and Android screens that follows Googles Material Design specs:
>
> andresgalante.com/contacts_app/contacts_app.zip
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> thanks,
>
> Andres

Re: [aerogear-dev] Quickstart Contact List app

Sebastien Blanc

Envoyé de mon iPhone

> Le 5 nov. 2014 à 15:36, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Sebastien, I started working on the hybrid apps. You mention we will need ionic and jquery mobile versions.
> I have some experience working with ionic but none on jquery mobile.
>
> What is better for implementation: to do a stand alone html/css version of the app that can then be adapt to ionic or jquery mobile, or to build it uppon ionic structures?
I would say for now focus on ionic structures

Lukas Fryc
Hey Andres,

those screens looks amazing!

I can help you with setting up the env to work with quickstarts if you need to, let's reach me anytime at #aerogear.

Can be Material Design used with Ionic components in some simple way?
If yes, that would be huge win.

~ Lukas

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 10:33 PM, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

In my first days I have been working on a redesign of the Quickstart app, Jira Issues AGPUSH-778.

Here are some first ideas of screens. There are Iphone and Android screens that follows Googles Material Design specs:

andresgalante.com/contacts_app/contacts_app.zip

Let me know what you think.

thanks,

Andres

Re: [aerogear-dev] Quickstart Contact List app

Andres Galante
Hi Lukas,

Thanks a lot, I will need help for sure, afterall I am a deisgn, and you developers should know how designers set up env, never correctly :)

This is a small app, we will not be using lots of components (just forms and list) and I will work on the css to make them follow material deisgn specs as much as I can so the ionic app fits the other apps.

I have already installed a blank ionic and started from there. Tomorrow I will have some screens to share.

Re: [aerogear-dev] Quickstart Contact List app

Andres Galante
Here are screens on the app for Ionic:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-782

Lukas, I couldn't make some things look Material Design. Ionic has some constraints on the way Ionic works that didn't allow me to add a floating action button for "ADD" action. Also I didn't want to change too much Ionic structures so I don't give to much extra work on implementation. I don't know if it is worth the extra effort for an example app.

Let me know what you think.

Re: [aerogear-dev] Quickstart Contact List app

Lukas Fryc
Hey Andres,

could you share your work on some GitHub branch? We can definitely help testing / improving.

Btw, one more thing to consider for a future would be leveraging Angular Material (it is actually built by (former) Ionic guys in cooperation with Material Design team): https://material.angularjs.org/#/

~ Lukas

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 5:33 PM, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:
Here are screens on the app for Ionic:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-782

Lukas, I couldn't make some things look Material Design. Ionic has some constraints on the way Ionic works that didn't allow me to add a floating action button for "ADD" action. Also I didn't want to change too much Ionic structures so I don't give to much extra work on implementation. I don't know if it is worth the extra effort for an example app.

Let me know what you think.

Re: [aerogear-dev] Quickstart Contact List app

Andres Galante
Thanks Lukas, I'll look into that.

Erik, I'll create a repo and update the issue with the repo address in a bit. :)

Thanks a lot!

Re: [aerogear-dev] Quickstart Contact List app

Andres Galante
Hi!
Should the HTML5 app (issue AGPUSH-781) be a responsive website or just the mobile view?

Erik, I'll create a repo and update the issue with the repo address in a bit. :)

Thanks a lot!

Re: [aerogear-dev] Quickstart Contact List app

Erik Jan de Wit
Mobile is fine, I’m looking at your repository right now.. I’ll have something soon

On 7 Nov,2014, at 14:04 , Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
> Should the HTML5 app (issue AGPUSH-781) be a responsive website or just the mobile view?

12