[aerogear-dev] [Question] Name for digger jenkins node js client

[aerogear-dev] [Question] Name for digger jenkins node js client

Wojciech Trocki
Hi

Aerogear team is looking for name for our jenkins node.js client.
Names are important to avoid confusion between different generations of the build farm
and also to simplify documentation etc.

My recommendation:
- Keep simple name and use it (or parts of it) as repo name, npm package name, executable name, project name or  in documentation etc. to avoid confusion
- Avoid '-', '_' characters in executable name (this is mostly command line client)

Suggestions:
digkins-node for repository name
digkins as executable name

Use digkins everywhere needed to denote that this would mean "node.js command line client"

What we have at the moment

It's not denoting in the name that we talking here about new version of the digger so better to change it or add some number etc.

Executable: digkins (digger + jenkins)

PS: Please check if name is available on npm

Sprint :P
--
Wojciech Trocki

Re: [aerogear-dev] [Question] Name for digger jenkins node js client

Leonardo Rossetti
I prefer to use digkins in npm/cli name to avoid user confusion since we already have a digger-cli using the "digger".

Also +1 for using digkins-node as repository/project name.

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 8:56 AM, Wojciech Trocki <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

+55 11 99703 0621

Re: [aerogear-dev] [Question] Name for digger jenkins node js client

Jose Miguel Gallas Olmedo
So, finally replying, digkins is a hell of a name!

And for the repo I would better say digger-jenkins-node but digkins-node is nice as well.

Cheeerrrssss

--
Jose Miguel Gallas Olmedo
Associate QE at Mobile Team, Red Hat