Quantcast

[aerogear-dev] Push plugin fork with 3 enhancements for Android

[aerogear-dev] Push plugin fork with 3 enhancements for Android

Doctor Mistral
Hi all,

i've just shared a fork (
drmistral/aerogear-cordova-push from Release 3.1.0) containing some enhancements and alignments with iOS side for the Android side of aerogear-cordova-push plugin. Hope you may find it useful.

Here is my changes:

1. Set notifications number on app badge.
- As in the iOS side, when the app is in background it is possible to set the badge number from the same callback that is defined for iOS.
- Number is displayed even in the badge shortcut if defined.
- Of course behaviour depends on the device but I'm tested it in a set of devices with Android 4.4+ and it works.
- It uses me.leolin.shortcutbadger.ShortcutBadger.
2. Launch app from click on notification.
This feature was supposed to be present but unfortunately I never get it working so I decided to check it and fix it. Now it seems working fine.
3. Update notification of "opened" stats on click on notification.
In Android, notifications " opened" stats (visible from aerogear admin) were updated just when notification is received. Now (as for iOS) "opened" stats are updated when the notification is opened by clicking on it (that provokes app relaunch).

Suggestions are welcome.

Cheers

Nando

Re: [aerogear-dev] Push plugin fork with 3 enhancements for Android

Daniel Passos-3
Hey Nando,

Why not send a PR with those improvements?