[aerogear-dev] Push customization with Android background App

[aerogear-dev] Push customization with Android background App

Bourillon, Matthias

Hello,

I have carefully read and applied the procedure to use Aerogear Push in a Cordova / Ionic App (https://aerogear.org/docs/guides/aerogear-cordova/AerogearCordovaPush/).

Everything is OK except that my onNotification() JS method is not called when my Android App is running in background. The notification is displayed as it arrives and I am not able to apply any logic before it reaches the notification bar.

We are using push to send some instructions to our App which should not always be displayed as-is to end users. Is there a way to customize or apply some logic when an App is in background? Or is this a limitation we have to deal with?

Re: [aerogear-dev] Push customization with Android background App

Erik Jan de Wit
Hi Matthias,

The callback is called once you launch the application by 'clicking' the notification on the notification bar. If you don't want to display a message on android send a message without alert. This will not launch the application, but it will be available as soon as the app is launched again.

Hope this helps,

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 4:49 PM, Bourillon, Matthias <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I have carefully read and applied the procedure to use Aerogear Push in a Cordova / Ionic App (https://aerogear.org/docs/guides/aerogear-cordova/AerogearCordovaPush/).

Everything is OK except that my onNotification() JS method is not called when my Android App is running in background. The notification is displayed as it arrives and I am not able to apply any logic before it reaches the notification bar.

We are using push to send some instructions to our App which should not always be displayed as-is to end users. Is there a way to customize or apply some logic when an App is in background? Or is this a limitation we have to deal with?

       Erik Jan