[aerogear-dev] Push Registration with multiple Senders (Android)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[aerogear-dev] Push Registration with multiple Senders (Android)

Summers Pittman
Previously GCM allowed multiple senders to be registered with a single registrationId.  Now with the new APIs each senderId gets its own registration token.

I don't think we ever supported this use case with UPS, we never really documented an example using multiple senders, and  the developer can have a different registrar for each sender if she needs this feature with the new (GCM 3.0) APIs.

Because we are already using a major version jump for dropping JDK6, I propose we change the push registrar to only accept a single senderId instead of allowing multiple sender Ids.  This more accurately reflects what the service (GCM) is doing under the hood now anyway.

If someone has an objection let me know and we can discuss it.  Otherwise I'll continue down this path.

XOXO,

Summers

_______________________________________________
aerogear-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/aerogear-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [aerogear-dev] Push Registration with multiple Senders (Android)

Sebastien Blanc
+1

Envoyé de mon iPhone

> Le 8 juil. 2015 à 20:50, Summers Pittman <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Previously GCM allowed multiple senders to be registered with a single registrationId.  Now with the new APIs each senderId gets its own registration token.
>
> I don't think we ever supported this use case with UPS, we never really documented an example using multiple senders, and  the developer can have a different registrar for each sender if she needs this feature with the new (GCM 3.0) APIs.
>
> Because we are already using a major version jump for dropping JDK6, I propose we change the push registrar to only accept a single senderId instead of allowing multiple sender Ids.  This more accurately reflects what the service (GCM) is doing under the hood now anyway.
>
> If someone has an objection let me know and we can discuss it.  Otherwise I'll continue down this path.
>
> XOXO,
>
> Summers
> _______________________________________________
> aerogear-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/aerogear-dev

_______________________________________________
aerogear-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/aerogear-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [aerogear-dev] Push Registration with multiple Senders (Android)

Matthias Wessendorf
+1

On Wednesday, July 8, 2015, Sébastien Blanc <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

Envoyé de mon iPhone

> Le 8 juil. 2015 à 20:50, Summers Pittman <<a href="javascript:;" onclick="_e(event, &#39;cvml&#39;, &#39;supittma@redhat.com&#39;)">supittma@...> a écrit :
>
> Previously GCM allowed multiple senders to be registered with a single registrationId.  Now with the new APIs each senderId gets its own registration token.
>
> I don't think we ever supported this use case with UPS, we never really documented an example using multiple senders, and  the developer can have a different registrar for each sender if she needs this feature with the new (GCM 3.0) APIs.
>
> Because we are already using a major version jump for dropping JDK6, I propose we change the push registrar to only accept a single senderId instead of allowing multiple sender Ids.  This more accurately reflects what the service (GCM) is doing under the hood now anyway.
>
> If someone has an objection let me know and we can discuss it.  Otherwise I'll continue down this path.
>
> XOXO,
>
> Summers
> _______________________________________________
> aerogear-dev mailing list
> <a href="javascript:;" onclick="_e(event, &#39;cvml&#39;, &#39;aerogear-dev@lists.jboss.org&#39;)">aerogear-dev@...
> https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/aerogear-dev

_______________________________________________
aerogear-dev mailing list
<a href="javascript:;" onclick="_e(event, &#39;cvml&#39;, &#39;aerogear-dev@lists.jboss.org&#39;)">aerogear-dev@...
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/aerogear-dev


--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

_______________________________________________
aerogear-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/aerogear-dev