[aerogear-dev] Problems when injecting a Kafka Consumer

[aerogear-dev] Problems when injecting a Kafka Consumer

Polina Koleva
Hey, everyone :)
As we finished the initial integration of Kafka in UPS, we decided to use a CDI library to ease the addition of new Kafka consumers/producers. Unfortunately, when I added a consumer by injection (github commit) I encountered three problems. I have tried to do my best to figure them out but I still have no clue for them. They all happen after a redeployment of the UPS, so I suppose there is a problem when a consumer is destroyed/created again.

You can find the problems described in JIRA. I really appreciate your help.

3. InstanceAlreadyExistsException -  I suppose this happens because we never close the consumer. That's why I made a pull request with an addition of shutdown method for the consumer. But not sure where exactly this method has to be invoked.

Thanks, Polina

Re: [aerogear-dev] Problems when injecting a Kafka Consumer

Matthias Wessendorf
I think the library needs to be ptachted to tear down the injected consumer when the server shuts down. There is a CDI lifecycle event for that.

AFK, so can't do much

HTH,
Matthias

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 6:44 AM, Polina Koleva <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey, everyone :)
As we finished the initial integration of Kafka in UPS, we decided to use a CDI library to ease the addition of new Kafka consumers/producers. Unfortunately, when I added a consumer by injection (github commit) I encountered three problems. I have tried to do my best to figure them out but I still have no clue for them. They all happen after a redeployment of the UPS, so I suppose there is a problem when a consumer is destroyed/created again.

So the problem occurs if you have a running Wildfly and if you redeploy to it, or if you shut down WildFly and the start it up with a new war(ie in a container)?