Quantcast

[aerogear-dev] Move AGDROID projects from Maven to Gradle

[aerogear-dev] Move AGDROID projects from Maven to Gradle

I wanna move our AeroGear Android Library from Maven to Gradle structure to make our life easier and kill the maven-sdk-deployer[1] pre-req.

As part of this process I also would like to move our current publish process from JBoss Nexus to Bintray[2] in favor to use the awesome bintray-release[3] Gradle plugin.

Any thought or concern?

[1] https://aerogear.org/docs/guides/aerogear-android/how-to-build-aerogear-android/
[2] https://bintray.com/aerogear
[3] https://github.com/novoda/bintray-release

Re: [aerogear-dev] Move AGDROID projects from Maven to Gradle

Summers Pittman

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 9:02 AM, Daniel Passos <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I wanna move our AeroGear Android Library from Maven to Gradle structure to make our life easier and kill the maven-sdk-deployer[1] pre-req.

As part of this process I also would like to move our current publish process from JBoss Nexus to Bintray[2] in favor to use the awesome bintray-release[3] Gradle plugin.

Any thought or concern?

One of the problems we ran into last time we tried to migrate was a lot of our plugins (code coverage, license, etc) didn't support the Android Gradle plugin.  That is my biggest concern.  There were also issues getting the tests to run, but I don't remember what those were.

Otherwise, let's make a go at this.

Re: [aerogear-dev] Move AGDROID projects from Maven to Gradle

Oleg Matskiv
Hi Daniel,
moving to Gradle sounds like a great idea to me.

Oleg

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 3:02 PM, Daniel Passos <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I wanna move our AeroGear Android Library from Maven to Gradle structure to make our life easier and kill the maven-sdk-deployer[1] pre-req.

As part of this process I also would like to move our current publish process from JBoss Nexus to Bintray[2] in favor to use the awesome bintray-release[3] Gradle plugin.

Any thought or concern?

[1] https://aerogear.org/docs/guides/aerogear-android/how-to-build-aerogear-android/
[2] https://bintray.com/aerogear
[3] https://github.com/novoda/bintray-release

Oleg Matskiv
Associate Quality Engineer
Red Hat Mobile Application Platform

Re: [aerogear-dev] Move AGDROID projects from Maven to Gradle

Anuj Garg
Hello Daniel,

I would like to help. Though can not be sure about regular contribution because of inconsistency of life :)

Regards

Anuj Garg

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:41 AM, Summers Pittman <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 9:02 AM, Daniel Passos <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I wanna move our AeroGear Android Library from Maven to Gradle structure to make our life easier and kill the maven-sdk-deployer[1] pre-req.

As part of this process I also would like to move our current publish process from JBoss Nexus to Bintray[2] in favor to use the awesome bintray-release[3] Gradle plugin.

Any thought or concern?

One of the problems we ran into last time we tried to migrate was a lot of our plugins (code coverage, license, etc) didn't support the Android Gradle plugin.  That is my biggest concern.  There were also issues getting the tests to run, but I don't remember what those were.

I will do some tests around it, but I think we don't have this kind of problems anymore. I was able to run tests also ship this using bintray-release[3]. I also tested it with coveralls and works like a charm.

Anyway I will test all the things and send a PR to community test first.