[aerogear-dev] [Maven] Link to 'proper' settings.xml example ?

[aerogear-dev] [Maven] Link to 'proper' settings.xml example ?

not sure, but somehow I think that the 'Reference' section in [1]
(Thanks for applying the grouping, Kris!) is missing a link to a
valid/proper settings.xml file...
I found the one at [2], doing some google fu...

I looked for this, because I could not build the TODO app's picketbox
branch. Not big deal, as it is a branch...

=> But not sure, I think a link to a 'common' settings.xml example is
nice, especially for new contributors etc... so that they have a
central example file, containing all the 'required' repos etc...

Thoughts?

-Matthias

[1] http://staging-aerogear.rhcloud.com/docs/
[2] https://community.jboss.org/wiki/MavenSettingsExample-Users

Re: [aerogear-dev] [Maven] Link to 'proper' settings.xml example ?

Bruno Oliveira
Hi Matthias,

A minor instruction added https://github.com/aerogear/TODO/commit/add08cb6d7283ff2b30b8d13aecf04e4a9af2fd3

Thanks.

On Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 4:16 AM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

Hi,

not sure, but somehow I think that the 'Reference' section in [1]
(Thanks for applying the grouping, Kris!) is missing a link to a
valid/proper settings.xml file...
I found the one at [2], doing some google fu...

I looked for this, because I could not build the TODO app's picketbox
branch. Not big deal, as it is a branch...

=> But not sure, I think a link to a 'common' settings.xml example is
nice, especially for new contributors etc... so that they have a
central example file, containing all the 'required' repos etc...

Thoughts?

Re: [aerogear-dev] [Maven] Link to 'proper' settings.xml example ?

Matthias Wessendorf
cool,

but IMO something like that should be present on our homepage.

-M

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Bruno Oliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> A minor instruction added
> https://github.com/aerogear/TODO/commit/add08cb6d7283ff2b30b8d13aecf04e4a9af2fd3
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> "The measure of a man is what he does with power" - Plato
> -
> @abstractj
> -
> Volenti Nihil Difficile
>
> On Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 4:16 AM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> not sure, but somehow I think that the 'Reference' section in [1]
> (Thanks for applying the grouping, Kris!) is missing a link to a
> valid/proper settings.xml file...
> I found the one at [2], doing some google fu...
>

> I looked for this, because I could not build the TODO app's picketbox
> branch. Not big deal, as it is a branch...
>
> => But not sure, I think a link to a 'common' settings.xml example is
> nice, especially for new contributors etc... so that they have a
> central example file, containing all the 'required' repos etc...
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -Matthias
>
> [1] http://staging-aerogear.rhcloud.com/docs/
> [2] https://community.jboss.org/wiki/MavenSettingsExample-Users

Re: [aerogear-dev] [Maven] Link to 'proper' settings.xml example ?

Matthias Wessendorf
FYI - just created

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-459

-M

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 7:11 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> cool,
>
> but IMO something like that should be present on our homepage.
>
> -M
>
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Bruno Oliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Matthias,
>>
>> A minor instruction added
>> https://github.com/aerogear/TODO/commit/add08cb6d7283ff2b30b8d13aecf04e4a9af2fd3
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> --
>> "The measure of a man is what he does with power" - Plato
>> -
>> @abstractj
>> -
>> Volenti Nihil Difficile
>>
>> On Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 4:16 AM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> not sure, but somehow I think that the 'Reference' section in [1]
>> (Thanks for applying the grouping, Kris!) is missing a link to a
>> valid/proper settings.xml file...
>> I found the one at [2], doing some google fu...
>>

>> I looked for this, because I could not build the TODO app's picketbox
>> branch. Not big deal, as it is a branch...
>>
>> => But not sure, I think a link to a 'common' settings.xml example is
>> nice, especially for new contributors etc... so that they have a
>> central example file, containing all the 'required' repos etc...
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> -Matthias
>>
>> [1] http://staging-aerogear.rhcloud.com/docs/
>> [2] https://community.jboss.org/wiki/MavenSettingsExample-Users
>>
>> --
>> Matthias Wessendorf

Re: [aerogear-dev] [Maven] Link to 'proper' settings.xml example ?

Bruno Oliveira
Thank you Matthias, self assigned \o/

If anyone want to take a stab at it, ping me on IRC.

FYI - just created