[aerogear-dev] License header / copyright.txt

[aerogear-dev] License header / copyright.txt

our license header starts with the following content:

/*
 * JBoss, Home of Professional Open Source
 * Copyright 2012, Red Hat, Inc., and individual contributors
 * by the @authors tag. See the copyright.txt in the distribution for a
 * full listing of individual contributors.

looking our projects, I don't see a copyright.txt file :) So.. not
sure, but should we start to maintain such copyright.txt files?

I think at least in our android projects, where we had already
external contributions (w00t!!!), we should start to have those files.

WDYT?

Re: [aerogear-dev] License header / copyright.txt

Marko Strukelj
Maybe we could write a script to pull the list of all contributors from GitHub, and autogenerate this file.

Or maybe such a script exists already?

- marko

> our license header starts with the following content:
>
> /*
>  * JBoss, Home of Professional Open Source
>  * Copyright 2012, Red Hat, Inc., and individual contributors
>  * by the @authors tag. See the copyright.txt in the distribution for
>  * full listing of individual contributors.
>

> looking our projects, I don't see a copyright.txt file :) So.. not
> sure, but should we start to maintain such copyright.txt files?
>
> I think at least in our android projects, where we had already
> external contributions (w00t!!!), we should start to have those
> files.
>
> WDYT?
>
> -Matthias

Re: [aerogear-dev] License header / copyright.txt

mojavelinux
On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 3:16 AM, Marko Strukelj <[hidden email]> wrote:
Maybe we could write a script to pull the list of all contributors from GitHub, and autogenerate this file.

Or maybe such a script exists already?

Logic for this existing (in ruby code) in both the Arquillian and JDF project sites. You may decide to come up with a more compact script, but perhaps the logic will be a useful reference.

https://github.com/arquillian/arquillian.github.com/blob/develop/_ext/arquillian.rb
https://github.com/jboss-jdf/jdf-site/blob/master/_ext/jdf.rb

-Dan

--