[aerogear-dev] Java 7 in aerogear-controller?

[aerogear-dev] Java 7 in aerogear-controller?

danielbevenius
Hi All,

I just wanted to ask if there is anything stopping us from using Java 1.7 instead of 1.6 in aerogear-controller?

There are a few things that might be nice to use, the main one I was thinking about was using method handles instead of reflection.

cheers,

/Daniel

Re: [aerogear-dev] Java 7 in aerogear-controller?

I'd say no, let's keep it 6 for now

reason: only early adopters got jdk7, and there are bugs still.

I have some experience supporting both, so we can look at it later for
sure, but IMO not a priority now

-- qmx (mobile)

On 27/09/2012, at 13:21, Daniel Bevenius <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I just wanted to ask if there is anything stopping us from using Java 1.7 instead of 1.6 in aerogear-controller?
>
> There are a few things that might be nice to use, the main one I was thinking about was using method handles instead of reflection.
>
> cheers,
>
> /Daniel

Re: [aerogear-dev] Java 7 in aerogear-controller?

danielbevenius
>I have some experience supporting both, so we can look at it later for
>sure, but IMO not a priority now
Cool, sounds good to me!

Thanks

On 27 September 2012 18:28, Douglas Campos <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'd say no, let's keep it 6 for now

reason: only early adopters got jdk7, and there are bugs still.

I have some experience supporting both, so we can look at it later for
sure, but IMO not a priority now

-- qmx (mobile)

On 27/09/2012, at 13:21, Daniel Bevenius <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I just wanted to ask if there is anything stopping us from using Java 1.7 instead of 1.6 in aerogear-controller?
>
> There are a few things that might be nice to use, the main one I was thinking about was using method handles instead of reflection.
>
> cheers,
>
> /Daniel

Re: [aerogear-dev] Java 7 in aerogear-controller?

danielbevenius
>JDK 1.7 is not stable yet Daniel, just a teaser about some issues http://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-93/product_id-19116/version_id-127974/Oracle-JDK-1.7.0.html
Thanks for the link! That's a long and somewhat scary list :)