[aerogear-dev] JDK7 support for Pushy library

[aerogear-dev] JDK7 support for Pushy library

Idel Pivnitskiy
Hi!

A few weeks ago we discussed JDK version requirements for Pushy library. Matthias had sent a PR [1] and it didn't work.

I analyzed the problem and find a cause: yes, clean Netty's codec-http2 doesn't requires JDK8. But JDK 7 SSL provider does not support the cipher suites recommended by the HTTP2 RFC [2]. We can use JDK 7 only with native OpenSSL as the default TLS provider.
Jon Chambers added JDK 7 build to Travis yesterday [3]. I've added OpenJDK 7 too today [4].

Best regards,
Idel Pivnitskiy