Quantcast

[aerogear-dev] Integrate Hbase with AeroGear

[aerogear-dev] Integrate Hbase with AeroGear

Michelle Zhang
This post was updated on .
Hello,
I'm going to work on the GSoC project: Integrate Hbase with AeroGear. Now I'm troubled with how to integrate Hbase. Here are some thoughts of mine:
1. Use a JPA library: DataNucleus Hbase JPA
link: https://github.com/datanucleus/datanucleus-hbase
By using this we can reuse the data model today. But it's not that habsify.
2. Use Hbase java api directly. Also, redesign data models to fit column base database.

Which way do you think is better? Or do you have some other good ideas?

Thanks a lot!
~Michelle Zhang

Re: [aerogear-dev] Integrate Hbase with AeroGear

Matthias Wessendorf
Hi Michelle,

thanks for the interest in AeroGear, and thanks for reaching out to the community!

While DataNucleus sounds promising, I think we get the most out of HBase using its good Java client. It has nice functionality, and there is no extra layer around.

Regarding the model/schema, yes, we could write a migration script reading out of Postgres/mysql and transforming to HBase structure!

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 at 03:42, Michelle Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
I'm going to work on the GSoC project: Integrate Hbase with AeroGear. Now
I'm troubled with how to integrate Hbase. Here are some thoughts of mine:
1. Use a JPA library: DataNucleus bg JPA
link: https://github.com/datanucleus/datanucleus-hbase
By using this we can reuse the data model today. But it's not that habsify.
2. Use Hbase java api directly. Also, redesign data models to fit column
base database.

Which way do you think is better? Or do you have some other good ideas?

Thanks a lot!
~Michelle Zhang

Re: [aerogear-dev] Integrate Hbase with AeroGear

Polina Koleva
I am interested in the same project. I have found Apache Sqoop as a tool for efficiently transferring bulk data between Apache Hadoop and structured datastores such as relational databases. In our case from MySQL to HBase. I think it might be really useful.

What do you think? Has anyone tried it?

Polina