[aerogear-dev] Heads up: UPS/JMS queueing configuration in standalone.xml

[aerogear-dev] Heads up: UPS/JMS queueing configuration in standalone.xml

Lukas Fryc-2
Context: JMS queues that UPS use are deployed by the WAR deployment (ag-push.war).

In order to optimize(*) how the messages are handled internally we planned to tweak various queue properties [1] (on the level of "address-settings", hornetq-configuration.xml).

(*) if I say optimize, I mean it will work without this configuration, but it is not ideal for production

The bad news is that address-settings can't be changed on the level of deployment (via #hornetq, or see Clebert's answer in [2]). We will have to configure it in standalone.xml.

We've brainstormed with Sebi, seems there are two ways out (both should be implemented at some point IMO):

1) jboss-cli script that will set up WF appropriately (similar as we do with datasource install [3])

2) WildFly Swarm seems to get a feature to bundle standalone.xml soon [4]

I just wanted to share this and allow feedback and open the discussion for alternative ideas. I will proceed and offer (1) as of now.

Cheers,

~ Lukas

Re: [aerogear-dev] Heads up: UPS/JMS queueing configuration in standalone.xml

Matthias Wessendorf

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 3:17 PM, Lukas Fryc <[hidden email]> wrote:
Context: JMS queues that UPS use are deployed by the WAR deployment (ag-push.war).

In order to optimize(*) how the messages are handled internally we planned to tweak various queue properties [1] (on the level of "address-settings", hornetq-configuration.xml).

(*) if I say optimize, I mean it will work without this configuration, but it is not ideal for production

The bad news is that address-settings can't be changed on the level of deployment (via #hornetq, or see Clebert's answer in [2]). We will have to configure it in standalone.xml.

We've brainstormed with Sebi, seems there are two ways out (both should be implemented at some point IMO):

1) jboss-cli script that will set up WF appropriately (similar as we do with datasource install [3])

Odd, but... well :-) not the end of the day.

2) WildFly Swarm seems to get a feature to bundle standalone.xml soon [4]

For UPS 2.0, we anyways will be taking a closer look at WF Swarm, so happy to see an API for this backed into it

Re: [aerogear-dev] Heads up: UPS/JMS queueing configuration in standalone.xml

Lukas Fryc-2
Thinking about it a bit more, I'm implementing CLI configuration for https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-1512 ,

but I just figured we shouldn't introduce such a "breaking change" in a minor release.

People would have to do one more set up step in 1.1.1 in comparison to 1.2.0. :-(

This makes AGPUSH-1512 a 1.2.0 issue.

Agree?

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 4:16 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Lukáš Fryč
Software Engineer
Red Hat Mobile | AeroGear.org, FeedHenry.org