Quantcast

[aerogear-dev] Google summer of code: WELCOME Dimitra and Polina

[aerogear-dev] Google summer of code: WELCOME Dimitra and Polina

Matthias Wessendorf
Hello AeroGear community,

as the AeroGear project lead, I am thrilled to announce that this year we do have two students working on the AeroGear UnifiedPush server, during the Google Summer of Code Projects.

Both students applied to the "Apache Kafka and Apache HBase" improvements project, and did deliver a great paper and detailed implementation plan.

Over the summer Dimitra and Polina will work with us, in the open, in the community on this project.

The main access point for our community is listed here. Most of us do hang around on IRC, and of course, if there are questions, please send mails to our mailing list.

Details:

Dimitra, and Polina, I'd like to ask you to introduce yourself here on this mailing list (remember to subscribe for it), so that the larger AeroGear community gets to know you better!

[aerogear-dev] Fwd: Google summer of code: WELCOME Dimitra and Polina

Matthias Wessendorf

Re: [aerogear-dev] Google summer of code: WELCOME Dimitra and Polina

Leigh Griffin
Great to have you both on board and really looking forward to the next few months :)

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 3:14 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello AeroGear community,

as the AeroGear project lead, I am thrilled to announce that this year we do have two students working on the AeroGear UnifiedPush server, during the Google Summer of Code Projects.

Both students applied to the "Apache Kafka and Apache HBase" improvements project, and did deliver a great paper and detailed implementation plan.

Over the summer Dimitra and Polina will work with us, in the open, in the community on this project.

The main access point for our community is listed here. Most of us do hang around on IRC, and of course, if there are questions, please send mails to our mailing list.

Details:

Dimitra, and Polina, I'd like to ask you to introduce yourself here on this mailing list (remember to subscribe for it), so that the larger AeroGear community gets to know you better!

LEIGH GRIFFIN

ENGINEERING MANAGER, MOBILE

Red Hat Ireland

Communications House, Cork Road

Waterford City, Ireland X91NY33

[hidden email]    M: <a href="tel:+353877545162" style="color:rgb(0,136,206);font-size:11px;margin:0px" target="_blank">+353877545162     IM: lgriffin

Re: [aerogear-dev] Fwd: Google summer of code: WELCOME Dimitra and Polina

Polina Koleva
Hello everyone,
I am Polina Koleva, 26 years old Bulgarian national :) Currently, I am doing my Masters degree in Computer Science in Freiburg, Germany. I am almost finishing my second year and after the current semester, the only thing left is my master thesis. I have interests in algorithms, design patterns and big data technologies as Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Impala and etc. Additionally, this semester I will try to gain more knowledge in the field of artificial intelligence, robotics and machine learning, Professionally, I was working for more than 4 years as Java developer.

I am really glad that I will be part of the community and really excited about improvements which we will be implementing during the summer. Hope we will be a valuable asset to the team.

Looking forward to working together.

Best Regards,
Polina Koleva :)

Re: [aerogear-dev] Fwd: Google summer of code: WELCOME Dimitra and Polina

Jose Miguel Gallas Olmedo
Nice to hear that! Welcome Dimitra and Polina, can't wait to rock the shell out of AeroGear with you guys! 🤘😂

On 9 May 2017 at 20:32, Polina Koleva <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

ASSOCIATE QE, mobile

Red Hat

Re: [aerogear-dev] Google summer of code: WELCOME Dimitra and Polina

Dimitra
Hi everyone,

I'm Dimitra, 21 years old from South Africa/Italy. Im currently studying Applied Computing in Waterford, Ireland. I love programming and similarly to Polina I'm most interested in algorithms, big data and trend analysis.

I can't wait to start work on this project and I'm looking forward to getting more involved in the community!

[...]

Hi, Polina and Dimitra,

thanks for the nice introduction. The first weeks for Google Summer of Code are usually about community bonding: Get to know your community, chat w/ people on IRC, check out the code base of the UPS, try examples, ask quesions on mail or on IRC.

It's perhaps also a good idea to get a bit of sense of Apache Kafka, especially for stream processing.

Here is a good intro on Kafka, and Kafka-Streams, and why Spark/Flink etc are not always needed ;-)

I hope you will enjoy the work over the summer! :-)

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 7:23 PM, Dimitra Zuccarelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ali Ok
Hi, Polina and Dimitra,

Welcome onboard!

I was a GSoC student in 2010 and I must tell you it is a great opportunity to work with the best open source communities.
I am sure you will both graduate from this program successfully.

Cheers,
Ali

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 12:56 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

ALI OK

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, RED HAT MOBILE APPLICATION PLATFORM

Red Hat

Re: [aerogear-dev] Google summer of code: WELCOME Dimitra and Polina

Dimitra
Hi Ali thanks so much!

It's such an exciting opportunity and I'm really grateful to be a part of it.

With who (whom?) did you do your project and what was it on?

On 11 May 2017, at 19:17, Ali Ok [via aerogear-dev] <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

http://aerogear-dev.1069024.n5.nabble.com/aerogear-dev-Google-summer-of-code-WELCOME-Dimitra-and-Polina-tp12952p12962.html
To start a new topic under aerogear-dev, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from aerogear-dev, click here.
NAML

Re: [aerogear-dev] Google summer of code: WELCOME Dimitra and Polina

Ali Ok
Hi,

My mentor was Mr. Matzew, similar to you both :)
I was doing the project within Apache Software Foundation. I mostly experimented with HTML5 (which was a new thing back then) and created a JSF component library under Apache Myfaces.
I became an Apache committer when the project was finished.

It was fun!

Cheers,
Ali

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 11:55 PM, Dimitra <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sent from the aerogear-dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

ALI OK

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, RED HAT MOBILE APPLICATION PLATFORM

Red Hat

Re: [aerogear-dev] Google summer of code: WELCOME Dimitra and Polina

Idel Pivnitskiy
Hi Dimitra and Polina,

My congratulations to you! I think you have a very interesting opportunity to work on the same project/idea not only in the community but like a small team within the community. Work in a team is always better than one person project :)

I also worked with AeroGear during the last 2 years of GSoC. My work was focussed on WebPush protocol, which delivers push notification messages to the browsers.

Have a great summer! Work hard - play hard :)

Best,
Idel