[aerogear-dev] Getting Involved in AG?

Lee Graham
Hi All,

I was hoping to find a way to get plugged into the AeroGear project. I've looked at the AG roadmaps, talked with Jay and Steve, and I'm really excited about what you've been doing!

I wanted to see how I could get plugged in. I was thinking of working on a quickstart or two, and possibly even some blogging. To start topics like "what if" scenarios for companies to see how they could potentially use AG to extend current IT infrastructures to mobile. These are just my ideas. I'm open to your thought on what are the needs of the community and how I can help.

Brief background... I've worked at Red Hat since March 2012, and have been leading a small team to develop a RH mobile learning app. We are using Cordova + OpenShift.com. Once we get our SAML auth working, we will integrate push via AG. I'm most comfortable w/ PHP and JavaScript. I have a few hobbies, but my most recent exploration has been brewing beer (just finished a vanilla witbier, and before that a belgium tripel).

Happy Tuesday!
Lee

Re: [aerogear-dev] Getting Involved in AG?

Matthias Wessendorf
Hi Lee,

nice to meet you and thanks for the interest in our project!

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 8:21 PM, Lee Graham <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I was hoping to find a way to get plugged into the AeroGear project. I've looked at the AG roadmaps, talked with Jay and Steve, and I'm really excited about what you've been doing!

I wanted to see how I could get plugged in. I was thinking of working on a quickstart or two, and possibly even some blogging. To start topics like "what if" scenarios for companies to see how they could potentially use AG to extend current IT infrastructures to mobile. These are just my ideas. I'm open to your thought on what are the needs of the community and how I can help.

sure these all do sound good and I am sure more doc, blog or even quickstarts could help for growing the community.

I think best is you pick a topic of your interest for that.

If you are also interested in code related items, feel free to check out our JIRA instances to see if a ticket does sound interesting as a good starting point.

Brief background... I've worked at Red Hat since March 2012, and have been leading a small team to develop a RH mobile learning app. We are using Cordova + OpenShift.com. Once we get our SAML auth working, we will integrate push via AG. I'm most comfortable w/ PHP and JavaScript.

Ah, speaking about AG push integration; An article on that subject (e.g. how you integrated the AG UnifiedPush Server w/ your project) would be helpful for the project as well.

Something else that comes up is a SDK for PHP-based backend - some code is already there, but I think it needs to be updated and polished:

Another idea might be some doc on the OpenShift cartridge:

Let us know what you think about these items ;-)

I have a few hobbies, but my most recent exploration has been brewing beer (just finished a vanilla witbier, and before that a belgium tripel).

beer++ :-)

Greetings,
Matthias

Happy Tuesday!
Lee

Re: [aerogear-dev] Getting Involved in AG?

Hello Lee!

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 02:21:55PM -0500, Lee Graham wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was hoping to find a way to get plugged into the AeroGear project.
> I've looked at the AG roadmaps, talked with Jay and Steve, and I'm
> really excited about what you've been doing!
>
> I wanted to see how I could get plugged in. I was thinking of working
> on a quickstart or two, and possibly even some blogging. To start
> topics like "what if" scenarios for companies to see how they could
> potentially use AG to extend current IT infrastructures to mobile.
> These are just my ideas. I'm open to your thought on what are the
> needs of the community and how I can help.

Right now the best way you can help is trying to use AeroGear on your
apps and providing feedback on our getting started experience.

We hang on #aerogear at irc.freenode.net if you're feeling like some irc
chatter ;)

> Brief background... I've worked at Red Hat since March 2012 , and have
> been leading a small team to develop a RH mobile learning app. We are
> using Cordova + OpenShift.com. Once we get our SAML auth working, we
> will integrate push via AG. I'm most comfortable w/ PHP and
> JavaScript.

Great! Keep us posted!

> I have a few hobbies, but my most recent exploration has been brewing
> beer (just finished a vanilla witbier, and before that a belgium
> tripel).

I wish I've had space at home for doing this...someday :)

Cheers!

Re: [aerogear-dev] Getting Involved in AG?

Lee Graham
Hi Matthias and qmx,

Thanks for the advice! Push integration sounds like a great place to start. I'll start integration and document my process/finding.

If anyone is ever in Raleigh let me know. I'll bring you a beer!

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 2:36 PM, Lee Graham <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Matthias and qmx,

Thanks for the advice! Push integration sounds like a great place to start. I'll start integration and document my process/finding.

awesome! If you need help, you know where to find us ;-)

If anyone is ever in Raleigh let me know. I'll bring you a beer!

doubt it, but word ! :-)