[aerogear-dev] Fwd: v5

Jay Balunas
Hi All,

James has been working on some updates to the aerogear image.  I wanted to get you thoughts.  We really like the right side connectors (websockets, and HTTP), but we're not sure about the left connector.

I like it the way it is, but wanted to get some additional thoughts from you all?

Thanks,
Jay

Begin forwarded message:

From: James Cobb <[hidden email]>
Subject: v5
Date: September 26, 2012 10:45:26 AM EDT
To: Jay Balunas <[hidden email]>

How about this?

___________________________________

James Cobb
JBoss Community Visual Design Lead
[ w: 1-972-232-4397 :: or  :: x8134397  ]

JBoss by Red Hat

Re: [aerogear-dev] Fwd: v5

Kris Borchers
I'm actually really digging that. Nice work James!

One things, I wonder if we could get away with making the AS logo smaller and adding something else to represent things other than AS but that would probably need a bigger rearrangement to deal with the Server Hooks section.

From: James Cobb <[hidden email]>
Date: September 26, 2012 10:45:26 AM EDT
To: Jay Balunas <[hidden email]>

How about this?

<aerogear_maingraphic_v5.png>

___________________________________

James Cobb
JBoss Community Visual Design Lead
[ w: 1-972-232-4397 :: or  :: x8134397  ]

JBoss by Red Hat

Re: [aerogear-dev] v5

Jay Balunas

On Sep 26, 2012, at 10:55 AM, Kris Borchers wrote:

I'm actually really digging that. Nice work James!

One things, I wonder if we could get away with making the AS logo smaller and adding something else to represent things other than AS but that would probably need a bigger rearrangement to deal with the Server Hooks section.

Lets capture that idea in jira, but not have that change for v1 - ok?

Done - https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-482

On Sep 26, 2012, at 9:50 AM, Jay Balunas <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,

James has been working on some updates to the aerogear image.  I wanted to get you thoughts.  We really like the right side connectors (websockets, and HTTP), but we're not sure about the left connector.

I like it the way it is, but wanted to get some additional thoughts from you all?

Thanks,
Jay

Begin forwarded message:

Re: [aerogear-dev] v5

Wow, loved this!

James.Cobb++

On Sep 26, 2012, at 11:50 AM, Jay Balunas wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> James has been working on some updates to the aerogear image.  I wanted to get you thoughts.  We really like the right side connectors (websockets, and HTTP), but we're not sure about the left connector.
>
> I like it the way it is, but wanted to get some additional thoughts from you all?
>
> Thanks,
> Jay
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: James Cobb <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: v5
>> Date: September 26, 2012 10:45:26 AM EDT
>> To: Jay Balunas <[hidden email]>
>>
>> How about this?
>>
>> <aerogear_maingraphic_v5.png>
>>
>> ___________________________________
>>
>> James Cobb
>> JBoss Community Visual Design Lead
>> [ w: 1-972-232-4397 :: or  :: x8134397  ]
>>
>> JBoss by Red Hat

-- qmx

Re: [aerogear-dev] v5

Glen Daniels
+1!!

MUCH better!

--Glen

On 9/26/12 11:22 AM, Douglas Campos wrote:

> Wow, loved this!
>
> James.Cobb++
>
> On Sep 26, 2012, at 11:50 AM, Jay Balunas wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> James has been working on some updates to the aerogear image.  I wanted to get you thoughts.  We really like the right side connectors (websockets, and HTTP), but we're not sure about the left connector.
>>
>> I like it the way it is, but wanted to get some additional thoughts from you all?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jay
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: James Cobb <[hidden email]>
>>> Subject: v5
>>> Date: September 26, 2012 10:45:26 AM EDT
>>> To: Jay Balunas <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> How about this?
>>>
>>> <aerogear_maingraphic_v5.png>
>>>
>>> ___________________________________
>>>
>>> James Cobb
>>> JBoss Community Visual Design Lead
>>> [ w: 1-972-232-4397 :: or  :: x8134397  ]
>>>
>>> JBoss by Red Hat

> -- qmx

Re: [aerogear-dev] v5

tech4j@gmail.com
Thanks for all the feedback guys - lets got with this!

On Sep 26, 2012, at 12:18 PM, Glen Daniels wrote:

> +1!!
>
> MUCH better!
>
> --Glen
>
> On 9/26/12 11:22 AM, Douglas Campos wrote:
>> Wow, loved this!
>>
>> James.Cobb++
>>
>> On Sep 26, 2012, at 11:50 AM, Jay Balunas wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> James has been working on some updates to the aerogear image.  I wanted to get you thoughts.  We really like the right side connectors (websockets, and HTTP), but we're not sure about the left connector.
>>>
>>> I like it the way it is, but wanted to get some additional thoughts from you all?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jay
>>>
>>> Begin forwarded message:

>> -- qmx

Re: [aerogear-dev] Fwd: v5

Glen Daniels

OK, it's way better, but one more suggestion after looking at it again... :)

What about flipping the box with "HTML5/Connectivity/Security..." in it
so that it's underneath the AeroGear components (js/dmg/jar) instead of
to the right?  The idea being that this makes clear that the components
*are* the providers of the various features, rather than what might be
construed as the components "connecting to" the features.

Does that make sense?  So it'd be the components themselves that connect
via websocket/http to the server, rather than a bag of features
connecting to the server.

--Glen

On 9/26/12 10:50 AM, Jay Balunas wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> James has been working on some updates to the aerogear image.  I wanted
> to get you thoughts.  We really like the right side connectors
> (websockets, and HTTP), but we're not sure about the left connector.
>
> I like it the way it is, but wanted to get some additional thoughts from
> you all?
>
> Thanks,
> Jay
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> *From: *James Cobb <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>> *Subject: **v5*
>> *Date: *September 26, 2012 10:45:26 AM EDT
>> *To: *Jay Balunas <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>
>> How about this?
>>

>> ___________________________________
>>
>> James Cobb
>> JBoss Community Visual Design Lead
>> [ w: 1-972-232-4397 :: or  :: x8134397  ]
>>
>> JBoss by Red Hat

Re: [aerogear-dev] Fwd: v5

Jay Balunas

On Sep 26, 2012, at 12:23 PM, Glen Daniels wrote:

> OK, it's way better, but one more suggestion after looking at it again... :)
>
> What about flipping the box with "HTML5/Connectivity/Security..." in it
> so that it's underneath the AeroGear components (js/dmg/jar) instead of
> to the right?  The idea being that this makes clear that the components
> *are* the providers of the various features, rather than what might be
> construed as the components "connecting to" the features.
>
> Does that make sense?  So it'd be the components themselves that connect
> via websocket/http to the server, rather than a bag of features
> connecting to the server.

Fair point, but for this launch lets keep it the way it is.  We're just out of time.  Do you want to update the jira you make with this info?

> --Glen
>
> On 9/26/12 10:50 AM, Jay Balunas wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> James has been working on some updates to the aerogear image.  I wanted
>> to get you thoughts.  We really like the right side connectors
>> (websockets, and HTTP), but we're not sure about the left connector.
>>
>> I like it the way it is, but wanted to get some additional thoughts from
>> you all?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jay
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> *From: *James Cobb <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>> *Subject: **v5*
>>> *Date: *September 26, 2012 10:45:26 AM EDT
>>> *To: *Jay Balunas <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>>
>>> How about this?
>>>

>>> ___________________________________
>>>
>>> James Cobb
>>> JBoss Community Visual Design Lead
>>> [ w: 1-972-232-4397 :: or  :: x8134397  ]
>>>
>>> JBoss by Red Hat

Re: [aerogear-dev] Fwd: v5

Kris Borchers

On Sep 26, 2012, at 11:25 AM, Jay Balunas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sep 26, 2012, at 12:23 PM, Glen Daniels wrote:
>

>> OK, it's way better, but one more suggestion after looking at it again... :)
>>
>> What about flipping the box with "HTML5/Connectivity/Security..." in it
>> so that it's underneath the AeroGear components (js/dmg/jar) instead of
>> to the right?  The idea being that this makes clear that the components
>> *are* the providers of the various features, rather than what might be
>> construed as the components "connecting to" the features.
>>
>> Does that make sense?  So it'd be the components themselves that connect
>> via websocket/http to the server, rather than a bag of features
>> connecting to the server.
>
> Fair point, but for this launch lets keep it the way it is.  We're just out of time.  Do you want to update the jira you make with this info?

Please keep in mind that this image, the button and the tag line must fit in a vertical orientation on a mobile device screen so there really isn't room to make the image taller.

>> --Glen
>>
>> On 9/26/12 10:50 AM, Jay Balunas wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> James has been working on some updates to the aerogear image.  I wanted
>>> to get you thoughts.  We really like the right side connectors
>>> (websockets, and HTTP), but we're not sure about the left connector.
>>>
>>> I like it the way it is, but wanted to get some additional thoughts from
>>> you all?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jay
>>>
>>> Begin forwarded message:

Re: [aerogear-dev] Fwd: v5

Glen Daniels
On 9/26/12 12:27 PM, Kris Borchers wrote:
> Please keep in mind that this image, the button and the tag line must
> fit in a vertical orientation on a mobile device screen so there
> really isn't room to make the image taller.

I don't *think* it would need to be any taller for the change I
specified, just reconfigured... although James would really be the one
to make that determination.

--Glen

Re: [aerogear-dev] Fwd: v5

Matthias Wessendorf