[aerogear-dev] Fwd: [jdf-dev] [jdf-users] [jdf] Re: JBoss Developer Framework

[aerogear-dev] Fwd: [jdf-dev] [jdf-users] [jdf] Re: JBoss Developer Framework

Pete Muir
Guys,

Question came up about how we recommend i8lning HTML5 apps.

Anyone able to provide an answer (even if it's "we're looking into it")?

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Disqus" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [jdf-users] [jdf] Re: JBoss Developer Framework
> Date: 17 October 2012 07:15:58 GMT+01:00
> To: [hidden email]
>

> Esteve <[hidden email]> (unregistered) wrote, in response to sgilda:
>
> I know how to do it with JSF but I was trying to figure out how to do it in a non-JSF app like this.
> Link to comment
> IP address: 213.0.57.3
> sgilda (unregistered) wrote:
>
> See the kitchensink-ml and kitchensink-ml-ear quickstarts for examples of how to internationalize applications: http://site-jdf.rhcloud.com/quickstarts/jboss-as-quickstart/kitchensink-ml/ http://site-jdf.rhcloud.com/quickstarts/jboss-as-quickstart/kitchensink-ml-ear/
>
> -----
> Options: You can moderate through email. Respond in the body with "Delete", "Approve", or "Spam". Reply with "Like" to like this comment, or respond in the body to post a reply comment. Or use the moderate panel: http://jdf.disqus.com/admin/moderate/#/pending
> To turn off notifications

Re: [aerogear-dev] Fwd: [jdf-dev] [jdf-users] [jdf] Re: JBoss Developer Framework

Kris Borchers
Pete,

I would say the best bet is Globalize.js https://github.com/jquery/globalize. Microsoft and jQuery originally built this as a jQuery plugin and it has now been split off into it's own project with the goal (if it isn't already) of having no dependency on jQuery.

Check out http://jquery.github.com/globalize/examples/browser/ to see date i18n in action.