[aerogear-dev] Fastline as first class citizen in buildfarm jenkins

[aerogear-dev] Fastline as first class citizen in buildfarm jenkins

Wojciech Trocki
Hi

I was  thinking (and investigating) about using fastline (https://fastlane.tools) in buildfarm2 on jenkins.
Fastline is extremely popular tool and it would save us lots of troubles when building mobile apps.

Why we want this:
- It would be easier to build sample IOS pipelines using fastline.
Most of the problems we would need to deal with are already resolved in that tool.
Fastline offers different ways of obtaining provisioning certificates etc.

- Making it available would allow developers to use it.
Tooling is extremely popular and most of the mobile dev's using it on daily basis.

How we want to do this:
- Add fastline tool into the android and IOS slave (5 minutes job)
- Use fastline in pipelines (maybe we can have separate repo with more advanced pipeline experiments?) We can do that later!

I created issue to cover all comments and manage discussion

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGDIGGER-93

--
Wojciech Trocki
Software Engineer, Red Hat Mobile

Re: [aerogear-dev] Fastline as first class citizen in buildfarm jenkins

Jose Miguel Gallas Olmedo
Awesome!

On 20 December 2016 at 11:28, Wojciech Trocki <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Associate QE at Mobile Team, Red Hat
+34 618 488 633

Re: [aerogear-dev] [feedhenry-dev] Fastline as first class citizen in buildfarm jenkins

Leigh Griffin
This looks very useful Wojciech and looks to be low cost to add in. Certainly worth trying it out and anything that helps with tooling, particularly for our mobile devs, would be a welcome addition to the platform and one which we could lean upon. Great job on the initial research and for bringing this to the teams attention.

Leigh

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Wojciech Trocki <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Engineering Manager,
Red Hat Mobile,
Communications House
Cork Road