Quantcast

[aerogear-dev] FCM topics are not compatible with the 'receive' checkbox on the UI

[aerogear-dev] FCM topics are not compatible with the 'receive' checkbox on the UI

Julio did report [1], and when defaulting to topics, this is not working - as have no direct control.

We can do the following:
* do an unsubscribe when the checkbox is disabled AND re-subscribe when it's enabled again. We could leverage code from Oleg's TopicMgr ([2])
* remove the 'receive' checkbox
* give some context, on when it is working (for Android)

-Matthias

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-1742

Re: [aerogear-dev] FCM topics are not compatible with the 'receive' checkbox on the UI

Summers Pittman

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 6:08 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Julio did report [1], and when defaulting to topics, this is not working - as have no direct control.

We can do the following:
* do an unsubscribe when the checkbox is disabled AND re-subscribe when it's enabled again. We could leverage code from Oleg's TopicMgr ([2])

I don't think this is terrible.  As long as you mean an unsubscribe from the topic and not an unsubscribe from FCM ;)

* remove the 'receive' checkbox
* give some context, on when it is working (for Android)

If a user disables the receive checkbox will UPS deliver messages addressed directly to the alias of the device?