[aerogear-dev] Docker images on AeroGear

[aerogear-dev] Docker images on AeroGear

Bruno Oliveira
Good morning,

As you may know few months ago we started to work on Docker images, with
the support of Marek Goldmann — the main responsible for leading the efforts on
Docker (https://github.com/jboss-dockerfiles).

I asked Matthias to create a fork of
https://github.com/jboss-dockerfiles/aerogear, into this way the
team can make our images more mature, before send to the official repository.
Also, my files were moved from my personal repository to AeroGear's fork
(https://github.com/abstractj/docker/blob/master/aerogear/README.md)

The AeroGear organization was created on Docker Hub
https://registry.hub.docker.com/repos/aerogear/ to host our official
images, the build of the images were automated and Marek was added as one of the admins.

The reason for having images like: aerogear/unifiedpush-as7-dev instead of
jboss/aerogear-unifiedpush-as7-dev. Is the limitation of 30 characters
on Docker Hub.

If you have any questions, go ahead.

--

abstractj
PGP: 0x84DC9914

Re: [aerogear-dev] Docker images on AeroGear

Matthias Wessendorf
Hi Bruno!

this is great work!

-Matthias

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 7:48 PM, Bruno Oliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

cvasilak
nice work Bruno!

thanks for the heads-up!

-
Christos

On Oct 27, 2014, at 8:48 PM, Bruno Oliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> As you may know few months ago we started to work on Docker images, with
> the support of Marek Goldmann — the main responsible for leading the efforts on
> Docker (https://github.com/jboss-dockerfiles).
>
> I asked Matthias to create a fork of
> https://github.com/jboss-dockerfiles/aerogear, into this way the
> team can make our images more mature, before send to the official repository.
> Also, my files were moved from my personal repository to AeroGear's fork
> (https://github.com/abstractj/docker/blob/master/aerogear/README.md)
>
> The AeroGear organization was created on Docker Hub
> https://registry.hub.docker.com/repos/aerogear/ to host our official
> images, the build of the images were automated and Marek was added as one of the admins.
>
> The reason for having images like: aerogear/unifiedpush-as7-dev instead of
> jboss/aerogear-unifiedpush-as7-dev. Is the limitation of 30 characters
> on Docker Hub.
>
> If you have any questions, go ahead.
>
> --
>
> abstractj
> PGP: 0x84DC9914

Re: [aerogear-dev] Docker images on AeroGear

Hrm, at some point it worked for me, on my box :)

but, now I did it again, and I got a timeout:

docker run -it -p 8443:8443 aerogear/unifiedpush-wildfly
2014/10/28 09:44:51 Post http://192.168.59.103:2375/v1.15/containers/create: dial tcp 192.168.59.103:2375: i/o timeout

docker --version
Docker version 1.3.0, build c78088f

Anyone noticed that too ?

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 11:03:57AM +0100, Erik Jan de Wit wrote:
> I never got docker to work on my box, always have this error you
> report. You could try Boot2Docker although that kinda defies the
> purpose of docker.
If you're on OSX boot2docker is definitely the way to go. Lots of
workarounds on OSX weirdnesses :)

Re: [aerogear-dev] Docker images on AeroGear

this is rad!