[aerogear-dev] DataManager High Level Overview

[aerogear-dev] DataManager High Level Overview

Kris Borchers
Per our discussion in the meeting today, here is a high level overview of the DataManager spec I have planned and have begun implementing in the JS lib. Please take a look and provide any feedback you may have.

Kris

Re: [aerogear-dev] DataManager High Level Overview

Bruno Oliveira
I'd add "update" functionality.

On Sep 11, 2012, at 1:03 PM, Douglas Campos <[hidden email]> wrote:

no reason to split IMO - if the object has id - update / no id - save

Unless that id isn't in the local data, then just save as well.

On Sep 11, 2012, at 3:05 PM, Kris Borchers wrote:

> On Sep 11, 2012, at 1:03 PM, Douglas Campos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> no reason to split IMO - if the object has id - update / no id - save
>
> Unless that id isn't in the local data, then just save as well.

Gaaah, forgot the GUID/UUID stuff - brain is hardwired to let the server generate it

>> -- qmx (mobile)
>>
>> On 11/09/2012, at 14:30, Kris Borchers <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Update is built into save to avoid a bunch of code duplication but could be separated.

-- qmx

Re: [aerogear-dev] DataManager High Level Overview

After a quick read of it, it looks good. Expect questions when I get
to this on iOS :)

-M

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Kris Borchers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Per our discussion in the meeting today, here is a high level overview of
> the DataManager spec I have planned and have begun implementing in the JS
> lib. Please take a look and provide any feedback you may have.
>
> https://gist.github.com/3699873
>
> Kris

Re: [aerogear-dev] DataManager High Level Overview

Sebastien Blanc
Hi Kris,

Have you already take a look at this JS library "Lawnchair" http://brian.io/lawnchair ?
It has been developed by Brian Leroux and the API is very simple and looks like your poposal. It has also the concept of "adapters" http://brian.io/lawnchair/adapters/

I I have some time, I will try to push an example using lawnchair with the poh5 sample.

Seb

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
After a quick read of it, it looks good. Expect questions when I get
to this on iOS :)

-M

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Kris Borchers <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Per our discussion in the meeting today, here is a high level overview of
> the DataManager spec I have planned and have begun implementing in the JS
> lib. Please take a look and provide any feedback you may have.
>
> https://gist.github.com/3699873
>
> Kris

Re: [aerogear-dev] DataManager High Level Overview

Kris Borchers
I have seen and played with lawnchair and it is a nice library and has inspired some of the work I am doing in DataManager. That being said, I think we need our own implementation. First, it will avoid another dependency for AeroGear.js. Second, it will be much easier to build in synchronization tasks that work between Pipeline and DataManager if we are in charge of both ends.

On Sep 12, 2012, at 10:00 AM, Sebastien Blanc <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Kris,

Have you already take a look at this JS library "Lawnchair" http://brian.io/lawnchair ?
It has been developed by Brian Leroux and the API is very simple and looks like your poposal. It has also the concept of "adapters" http://brian.io/lawnchair/adapters/

I I have some time, I will try to push an example using lawnchair with the poh5 sample.

Seb

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
After a quick read of it, it looks good. Expect questions when I get
to this on iOS :)

-M

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Kris Borchers <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Per our discussion in the meeting today, here is a high level overview of
> the DataManager spec I have planned and have begun implementing in the JS
> lib. Please take a look and provide any feedback you may have.
>
> https://gist.github.com/3699873
>
> Kris

Re: [aerogear-dev] DataManager High Level Overview

Sebastien Blanc
Make sense.
Was not to add another dependency but more a source of inspiration and as you said it has been, so that is great.
Data synchronization is going to be a great challenge ;-)
Seb