[aerogear-dev] BaseURL and service endpoint discussion

[aerogear-dev] BaseURL and service endpoint discussion

when defining 'pipes' - do we need to specify an 'endpoint' or should
the name of the pipe be always the endpoint?

Here is a gist that discusses that. It uses ObjC syntax but the same
'questions' / discussion applies to other client platforms as well

https://gist.github.com/3637736

Re: [aerogear-dev] BaseURL and service endpoint discussion

Matthias Wessendorf
feel free to discuss on the gist...

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when defining 'pipes' - do we need to specify an 'endpoint' or should
> the name of the pipe be always the endpoint?
>
> Here is a gist that discusses that. It uses ObjC syntax but the same
> 'questions' / discussion applies to other client platforms as well
>
> https://gist.github.com/3637736

Re: [aerogear-dev] BaseURL and service endpoint discussion

Matthias Wessendorf
I will continue to implement the discussed API.

-M

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> feel free to discuss on the gist...
>
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> when defining 'pipes' - do we need to specify an 'endpoint' or should
>> the name of the pipe be always the endpoint?
>>
>> Here is a gist that discusses that. It uses ObjC syntax but the same
>> 'questions' / discussion applies to other client platforms as well
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/3637736
>>

>> --
>> Matthias Wessendorf

Re: [aerogear-dev] BaseURL and service endpoint discussion

Matthias Wessendorf
meaning that there can be a 'logical' name + an extra def. for the
actual endpoint, like:

AGPipeline* pipeline = [AGPipeline pipelineWithPipe:@"bad name"
baseURL:serverURL endpoint:@"projects"];

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I will continue to implement the discussed API.
>
> -M
>
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> feel free to discuss on the gist...
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> when defining 'pipes' - do we need to specify an 'endpoint' or should
>>> the name of the pipe be always the endpoint?
>>>
>>> Here is a gist that discusses that. It uses ObjC syntax but the same
>>> 'questions' / discussion applies to other client platforms as well
>>>
>>> https://gist.github.com/3637736
>>>

>>> --
>>> Matthias Wessendorf

>> Matthias Wessendorf

Re: [aerogear-dev] BaseURL and service endpoint discussion

Matthias Wessendorf
Quick update: I pushed the changes(+tests) I also update the API doc:
=> http://aerogear.github.com/aerogear-ios/Classes/AGPipeline.html

When traveling to Amsterdam, I try to add more tests and will take a
look at the API.md file..

-M

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> meaning that there can be a 'logical' name + an extra def. for the
> actual endpoint, like:

> AGPipeline* pipeline = [AGPipeline pipelineWithPipe:@"bad name"
> baseURL:serverURL endpoint:@"projects"];
>

> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I will continue to implement the discussed API.
>>
>> -M
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> feel free to discuss on the gist...

>>> --
>>> Matthias Wessendorf

>> Matthias Wessendorf

Re: [aerogear-dev] BaseURL and service endpoint discussion

I added tests and updated the docs

simple API desc:
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-ios/blob/master/API.md

API docs: