Quantcast

[aerogear-dev] Android/Cordova complaint

[aerogear-dev] Android/Cordova complaint

looks like an Ionic user is not too happy with the Cordova Plugin, on Android:

Re: [aerogear-dev] Android/Cordova complaint

Summers Pittman

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 5:09 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

looks like an Ionic user is not too happy with the Cordova Plugin, on Android:

Any comments?

Looks like it is a cordova issue stemming from some of the bitrot happening in Android.  I know for a fact we are very overdue for releasing a new version of AGDroid tracking the latest changes in API levels, play services sdks, etc.

Of course we are welcoming of PRs :)

Re: [aerogear-dev] Android/Cordova complaint

Matthias Wessendorf

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 11:37 PM, Summers Pittman <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 5:09 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

looks like an Ionic user is not too happy with the Cordova Plugin, on Android:

Any comments?

Looks like it is a cordova issue stemming from some of the bitrot happening in Android.  I know for a fact we are very overdue for releasing a new version of AGDroid tracking the latest changes in API levels, play services sdks, etc.

+1 on the overdue. Mind creating a JIRA for updating the push lib (and it's dependencies, pipe/core), w/ more recent APIs ?

Of course we are welcoming of PRs :)

:-)

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 5:43 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 11:37 PM, Summers Pittman <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 5:09 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

looks like an Ionic user is not too happy with the Cordova Plugin, on Android:

Any comments?

Looks like it is a cordova issue stemming from some of the bitrot happening in Android.  I know for a fact we are very overdue for releasing a new version of AGDroid tracking the latest changes in API levels, play services sdks, etc.

+1 on the overdue. Mind creating a JIRA for updating the push lib (and it's dependencies, pipe/core), w/ more recent APIs ?

I created a subtask on this JIRA :

There are also a suite of issues for updating the Android Maven plugin which I am updating to just update all dependencies.

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGDROID-523 for an epic covering everyone.