[aerogear-dev] Aerogear documentation navigation

[aerogear-dev] Aerogear documentation navigation

Paul Wright

Excuse my ignorance, but I've been caught a few times by the docs navigation on aerogear.org, specifically, I click 'Docs' and then cannot find any guides:

Ok, it does say this is 'API Doc and Specs' in low contrast text and there are links to 'Guides' if I scroll to the bottom of the page, but is this how we want it to work?

That's where my ignorance comes in, is there some plan here that I'm not aware of, or should I just go ahead and make a PR?

thanks,
Paul

Re: [aerogear-dev] Aerogear documentation navigation

Jose Miguel Gallas Olmedo
I think the problem is "Doc" means "Reference" and the actual documentation is under "getting started". But it should be more accessible, maybe we should make "Docs" a dropdown with "Reference" and "Guides" inside.

JOSE MIGUEL GALLAS OLMEDO

ASSOCIATE QE, mobile

Red Hat

On 11 August 2017 at 12:26, Paul Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:

Excuse my ignorance, but I've been caught a few times by the docs navigation on aerogear.org, specifically, I click 'Docs' and then cannot find any guides:

Ok, it does say this is 'API Doc and Specs' in low contrast text and there are links to 'Guides' if I scroll to the bottom of the page, but is this how we want it to work?

That's where my ignorance comes in, is there some plan here that I'm not aware of, or should I just go ahead and make a PR?

thanks,
Paul

Re: [aerogear-dev] Aerogear documentation navigation

Paul Wright

Thanks,

I could just create a PR for this particular issue, or ...

how about a refresh/doc review, and replacing jekyll with asciibinder:

* Allow us publish multiple branches of docs (releases)

* Allow contributors familiar with asciibinder, eg openshift contributors  to contribute

* Allow me sync with downstream docs in a consistent process (distros)

Ok, that last one is just for me, but it should be possible to keep the aerogear look and feel, but provide a better experience for users. asciibinder is designed by red hatters for multiple distros of documentation, and is what openshift use:

https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/3.6/welcome/index.html

Anyone object if we go down this road? (again, there might be unique feature of the current website that I'm not familiar with)

thanks,

Paul