[aerogear-dev] Aerogear Website

Andres Galante
Good morning, I've been working on Aerogears website and build a "live wireframe" to share with you and gather feedback.

The challenge was to combine a feature-orientated and a client-orientated UI, so this is what I propose:

The website itself is feature-orientated, since a user will want to know if the feature he wants to use its supported by other clients. But the documentation is client-orientated because I think that for example and Android developer doesn't want to read any iOS documentation.

Please view this on FireFox, I am using position sticky and I haven't done any js to make it work on other browsers.

Colors, spaces, sizes, fonts and styles are not done yet. This is just wireframe (better than a few squares with arrows though, plus its responsive).

On docs click on android docs to see how the submenu works, I am following the same pattern as in ionic, bootstrap, less and others

http://andresgalante.com/aerogearwebsite/

What do you think?

Re: [aerogear-dev] Aerogear Website

Hi Andres,

I like new organisation. One question would it be possible to integrate our logo ? I think we should have that visible on the top :)

On the homepage, I like the focus on the solutions. But on the header, besides the "solutions" (e.g. Sync and Push) could we have a similar header for an overview page for platforms (e.g. Android, Cordova, iOS, mobile web), which than would link to specific landing pages for Android/iOS? Or would that be confusing?

Greetings,
Matthias

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 2:45 PM, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Matthias,

Logo: yes! I need to implement the logo, styles, colors, etc. Where can I find a svg of the logo?

Good idea to add a client specific overview on the homepage. I'll add that structure and we can see if its confusing or not. I'll also make sure that the illustration on the main banner reflects the different clients.

Re: [aerogear-dev] Aerogear Website

crobson
Andres,

You can find the Aerogear logo artifacts here:  http://design.jboss.org/aerogear/index.htm

Please also make sure that you include the following:
    - An approved Red Hat logo.  The logo you are using in the footer does not follow our brand standards.  I have attached a zip with the EPS for each of the valid logos.
    - The golden gate requirements - including the Red Hat tab dropdown and "A JBoss Project" in the header - as seen here: https://mojo.redhat.com/docs/DOC-165622

- Catherine

November 17, 2014 at 9:53 AM
[...]

November 17, 2014 at 9:35 AM
Hi Andres,

I like new organisation. One question would it be possible to integrate our logo ? I think we should have that visible on the top :)

On the homepage, I like the focus on the solutions. But on the header, besides the "solutions" (e.g. Sync and Push) could we have a similar header for an overview page for platforms (e.g. Android, Cordova, iOS, mobile web), which than would link to specific landing pages for Android/iOS? Or would that be confusing?

Greetings,
November 17, 2014 at 8:45 AM
[...]

Catherine Robson
Product Manager - User Experience
Red Hat JBoss Middleware
c: 978-944-3825

Red Hat logos - all eps.zip (2M) Download Attachment

Re: [aerogear-dev] Aerogear Website

Andres Galante
Thanks Catherine, that was just what I was looking for :)

I left the upper right corner free to keep the space for the dropdown, I just didn't know where to get it

Re: [aerogear-dev] Aerogear Website

Lukas Fryc
Hi Andres,

I really like the wireframe!

Few minor suggestions:

1) Solutions -> Features
I would suggest go with Features rather than Solutions, since the page is community-oriented.

2) Hybrid -> Cordova

3) add Web/JavaScript to the platform matrix

What I am also missing from the current page that should be highlighted:

- Highlight what platforms AeroGear covers at the initial page
- Blog
- Roadmap
- Guides (this is probably hidden behind Getting started?)

Note that we would like to bring certain dynamic content to the page that is not on the current page,
so that we should keep it in mind for an overall structure:

- Videos
- Upcoming events (Conferences, Hackfests, etc.)
- Buzz / Press (what others told about us)
- List/Avatars of contributors and team members

Some free inspiration comes from: http://arquillian.org/

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Andres Galante <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

c: <a href="tel:978-944-3825" value="+19789443825">978-944-3825

Re: [aerogear-dev] Aerogear Website

I like this a lot! Extra karma since the mobile version (responsive)
looks nice too :)