[aerogear-dev] AeroGear Android Push 2.2.0

[aerogear-dev] AeroGear Android Push 2.2.0

Daniel Passos

Hey Everyone,

We are ready to release AeroGear Android Push 2.2.0, we staged[1] it on Nexus.

What is new in this version?

  • AGDROID-422 - Add support for push-config.json for Android Push SDK
  • AGDROID-423 - Android SDK hook for notifying the server if app has been opened due to a push

We’re planning to release it next Thursday.

Fell free to test it and let us know if you find any issues.

[1] https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/jboss_releases_staging_profile-5783/

Re: [aerogear-dev] AeroGear Android Push 2.2.0

Sebastien Blanc
This fix is more a workaround since it was not needed with the previous versions.  so we need to be sure to check if :

- This fix was needed because of other commits on the helloworld
- This fix was needed because of the new version of the library
- This fix was needed because of a change from GCM server
- This fix was needed because of a mix/combination of all the previous potential causes

Passos have you been able to test the lib with Aerodoc ?

Sebi

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 4:50 PM, Daniel Passos <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 9:42 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
I noticed a little bug w/ the current libray

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 2:42 AM, Daniel Passos <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey Everyone,

We are ready to release AeroGear Android Push 2.2.0, we staged[1] it on Nexus.

What is new in this version?

  • AGDROID-422 - Add support for push-config.json for Android Push SDK
  • AGDROID-423 - Android SDK hook for notifying the server if app has been opened due to a push

We’re planning to release it next Thursday.

Fell free to test it and let us know if you find any issues.

[1] https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/jboss_releases_staging_profile-5783/

Re: [aerogear-dev] AeroGear Android Push 2.2.0

Summers Pittman

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 3:17 AM, Sebastien Blanc <[hidden email]> wrote:
This fix is more a workaround since it was not needed with the previous versions.  so we need to be sure to check if :
No.  The hello world app is broken.

- This fix was needed because of other commits on the helloworld
- This fix was needed because of the new version of the library
- This fix was needed because of a change from GCM server
- This fix was needed because of a mix/combination of all the previous potential causes

TL;DR: We never needed information from the PushRegistrar to handle messages until metrics were added.  Now we do.  However, if the app is garbage collected then the registration information is cleared from memory (it is persisted on the device of course).  Because the notification handler is invoked by android it bypasses the RegisterActivity.  When we try to fetch the registration information to send the metric message it isn't loaded and the NPE is thrown.  Previously had enabled the ability to unregister the client from the message list screen we would have seen similar results.

The application work by happy coincidence.  It wasn't until matz tested on a hellishly obsolete device that the issue appeared. ;)

[...]

Hey Guys,

We are postpone it to fix the bug Matthias found. I just send a PR[1] to fix it.

[1] https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android-push/pull/38

[...]

I've staged[1] the Push library 2.2.0 again and send a PR for UnifiedPush helloworld[2] using it.

We’re planning to release it next Wednesday

Fell free to test it and let us know if you find any issues.

[1] https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/jboss_releases_staging_profile-5856/
[2] https://github.com/jboss-mobile/unified-push-helloworld/pull/15

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 10:36 PM, Daniel Passos <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

ah, I thought it would be still make sense to update the version there :-)

That's not a blocker ;-) Just noticed

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 6:49 PM, Daniel Passos <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Actually - this makes the TAG unusable :-)

The tests are not compinging, since pointing to the -SNAPSHOT version of the actual push lib, here:

Changing that to 2.2.0 makes it work.

Again, not a show stopper, but something nice to have e.g. for 2.3.0

+1 on the release

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 6:53 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Released and available on maven central[1] \o/

[1] <a href="http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|org.jboss.aerogear|aerogear-android-push|2.2.0|aar">http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|org.jboss.aerogear|aerogear-android-push|2.2.0|aar