[aerogear-dev] AEROGEAR-540 - Aerogear.js filtering

[aerogear-dev] AEROGEAR-540 - Aerogear.js filtering

Luke Holmquist
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-540

i created this on monday,  but now i'm thinking otherwise.

The Data Manager Memory adapters filter method will only search on level of an object( at least i think).  i was thinking we might need it to do a recursive search to find items not on the first level.

ex:

var object = {
    name: thing,
    value: {
                 thing2: thing3
                }
}

alreadyCreatedDataManager.filter(  { name:'thing' }  )   =>  returns  object

//currently this happens
alreadyCreatedDataManager.filter(  { thing2:'thing3' }  )   =>  returns empty [ ]

//with recursive
alreadyCreatedDataManager.filter(  { thing2:'thing3' }  )   =>  returns object

Now i'm not sure if thats the way to go.

Thoughts against:

bloat the code, developers could do this themselves when they get the data back, keeping our library leaner

Thoughts for:

Be nice to the developer

like to hear other thoughts

Re: [aerogear-dev] AEROGEAR-540 - Aerogear.js filtering

Matthias Wessendorf
+1 on leaving that out;  I think the data sync is not the highest prio right now

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Kris Borchers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My vote for now would be to leave this out.
>
> On Oct 19, 2012, at 7:09 AM, Lucas Holmquist <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-540
>
> i created this on monday,  but now i'm thinking otherwise.
>
> The Data Manager Memory adapters filter method will only search on level of
> an object( at least i think).  i was thinking we might need it to do a
> recursive search to find items not on the first level.
>
> ex:
>
> var object = {
>     name: thing,
>     value: {
>                  thing2: thing3
>                 }
> }
>
> alreadyCreatedDataManager.filter(  { name:'thing' }  )   =>  returns  object
>
> //currently this happens
> alreadyCreatedDataManager.filter(  { thing2:'thing3' }  )   =>  returns
> empty [ ]
>
> //with recursive
> alreadyCreatedDataManager.filter(  { thing2:'thing3' }  )   =>  returns
> object
>
> Now i'm not sure if thats the way to go.
>
> Thoughts against:
>
> bloat the code, developers could do this themselves when they get the data
> back, keeping our library leaner
>
> Thoughts for:
>
> Be nice to the developer
>
> like to hear other thoughts

Re: [aerogear-dev] AEROGEAR-540 - Aerogear.js filtering

Luke Holmquist
yea  thats what i've been thinking too,
On Oct 22, 2012, at 10:16 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 on leaving that out;  I think the data sync is not the highest prio right now

did you mean to say that the "data sync is the highest prio right now",  not "not"?

On Oct 22, 2012, at 9:17 AM, Lucas Holmquist <[hidden email]> wrote:

> yea  thats what i've been thinking too,
> On Oct 22, 2012, at 10:16 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> +1 on leaving that out;  I think the data sync is not the highest prio right now
>>

> did you mean to say that the "data sync is the highest prio right now",  not "not"?

Same question from me. Did you mean it is the highest prio?

>> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Kris Borchers <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> My vote for now would be to leave this out.
>>>
>>> On Oct 19, 2012, at 7:09 AM, Lucas Holmquist <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-540
>>>
>>> i created this on monday,  but now i'm thinking otherwise.
>>>
>>> The Data Manager Memory adapters filter method will only search on level of
>>> an object( at least i think).  i was thinking we might need it to do a
>>> recursive search to find items not on the first level.
>>>
>>> ex:
>>>
>>> var object = {
>>>   name: thing,
>>>   value: {
>>>                thing2: thing3
>>>               }
>>> }
>>>
>>> alreadyCreatedDataManager.filter(  { name:'thing' }  )   =>  returns  object
>>>
>>> //currently this happens
>>> alreadyCreatedDataManager.filter(  { thing2:'thing3' }  )   =>  returns
>>> empty [ ]
>>>
>>> //with recursive
>>> alreadyCreatedDataManager.filter(  { thing2:'thing3' }  )   =>  returns
>>> object
>>>
>>> Now i'm not sure if thats the way to go.
>>>
>>> Thoughts against:
>>>
>>> bloat the code, developers could do this themselves when they get the data
>>> back, keeping our library leaner
>>>
>>> Thoughts for:
>>>
>>> Be nice to the developer
>>>
>>> like to hear other thoughts

>> Matthias Wessendorf

Re: [aerogear-dev] AEROGEAR-540 - Aerogear.js filtering

Matthias Wessendorf
lowest