Aerogear-ios and arquillian.

jose_freitas
Yesterday I clonned aerogear-ios, aerogear-ios-integration and the TODO application. I was able to install those projects but when running the aerogear-ios-integration tests, one of the required steps to run it, it's to deploy the todo.ear in a jboss server.
I was speaking with matzew and it seemed a good idea to integrate the ios enviroment to work within arquillian, so maybe we could automate steps like those where you need to deploy the server side of the application to execute tests.

What do you think? Do you think it would be useful? Is there anyone (besides me) trying to shoot in that direction?

Re: [aerogear-dev] Aerogear-ios and arquillian.

Matthias Wessendorf
On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 2:41 PM, jose_freitas
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yesterday I clonned aerogear-ios, aerogear-ios-integration and the TODO
> application. I was able to install those projects but when running the
> aerogear-ios-integration tests, one of the required steps to run it, it's to
> deploy the todo.ear in a jboss server.

right - somehow that needs to be automated :)

Cargo, maven etc - what ever comes to mind;

Ideally it downloads the EAR file from github (instead of building it
all the time)
and deploys it to JBoss

> I was speaking with matzew and it seemed a good idea to integrate the ios
> enviroment to work within arquillian, so maybe we could automate steps like
> those where you need to deploy the server side of the application to execute
> tests.

should be scriptable, rigth ?

> What do you think? Do you think it would be useful? Is there anyone (besides
> me) trying to shoot in that direction?

Re: [aerogear-dev] Aerogear-ios and arquillian.

Does it really needs a complete EAR to run ? Can it not be a simple WAR deployed in an embedded jetty ?
Seb

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yesterday I clonned aerogear-ios, aerogear-ios-integration and the TODO
> application. I was able to install those projects but when running the
> aerogear-ios-integration tests, one of the required steps to run it, it's to
> deploy the todo.ear in a jboss server.

right - somehow that needs to be automated :)

Cargo, maven etc - what ever comes to mind;

Ideally it downloads the EAR file from github (instead of building it
all the time)
and deploys it to JBoss

> I was speaking with matzew and it seemed a good idea to integrate the ios
> enviroment to work within arquillian, so maybe we could automate steps like
> those where you need to deploy the server side of the application to execute
> tests.

should be scriptable, rigth ?

I was thinking to develop something not directly connected to the aerogear-ios-integration scripts, but to develop something that the people out there (developing ios apps + jee server side) could use in their projects. Something generic, so building the ear/war for the tests would probably not be a bad idea.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Sebastien Blanc <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> Does it really needs a complete EAR to run ? Can it not be a simple WAR
> deployed in an embedded jetty ?

the server component is good enough; embedded jetty sounds like a
reasonable solution :)

-M